Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

paperclip77
My Device: Tour 9630 / Playbook 16GB

Re: Future Things We Want Rim To Fix On The Playbook (More to add)

For App World (as a new user, I've been using that a lot):

• ability to Launch/Run the app from the list (like in BB)
  • Display # of reviews ... five stars from 1 user vs. 4 stars from hundreds of users makes a difference at a high level (to me)
  • Some way to filter to only Free ... perhaps by other prices as well, perhaps by apps on sale
  • Perhaps somethingt could be done in a swipe-down menu... to get new users accustomed to the swipe down.
Contributor
ChromeCat
My Device: Playbook tablet

Re: Future Things We Want Rim To Fix On The Playbook (Organized)

I'm not all that tech savvy but I know what I want in a device:

• standard USB support
  • video chat
  • 3G or 4G service
  • EXPANDABLE MEMORY microSD slot!!!!! (and with its own slot, not having to remove the backing and battery to insert/remove)
  • I'd even like a touchscreen by fingers or stylus

:Sorcerer:

New Contributor
Baystatepol
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

I just entered a post on Word to Go and its deficiencies and then read your list, which is much more comprehensive than mine. Maybe we can get somebody at Blackberry to listen to us. Your posting was a great message!!!
Contributor
ChromeCat
My Device: Playbook tablet

I tweeted to BB on Twitter asking if they could tell me if their next run of Playbooks would feature microSD port (and two other things, can't remember now). 

It took them a few days but their reply was that they didn't have any information to offer on future products.

Honestly, their customer service leaves much to be desired.  You can't get answers out of them, you have to ask other customers how to use their products.  It's really not settling well with me at this point.  I'm going to give more serious thought to other tablets.

I thank everyone here for their time and advice. It was much appreciated.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

look at most other makers of electronic stuff and they wont release details either

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Regular Contributor
gg99
My Device: playbook 16Gb

Re: Future Things We Want Rim To Fix On The Playbook (More to add)

filtering for free app has been there already
Regular Contributor
gg99
My Device: playbook 16Gb

[ Edited ]

std usb suppport,3/4G, Expandable sd slot may be wonderful but for me more ugrently need skype or other third party video calling with existing large user base will help sell the PB, android 4 Samsung Nexus supports skype.

real support for Asian fonts and possibly IME as well would be priority to sell more outside North Amerca and Europe.

right now it is difficult to view text file,word to go , sheet to go that has South East Asian fonts, even for those with unicode.

Contributor
PhilTGT
My Device: Z10

I hope that we get much better bridge connectivity, the ability to do everything to my emails on my playbook that I can do on my Torch.

Bridge is great, but most of the time its just so much easier to deal with my emails on the Torch, and to me that is not progress.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

hello PhilTGT, I also am not impressed by the Mail app inside the Bridge (I miss all the shortcuts and saved searches). But I would like to know how you think it could be enhanced ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Super Contributor
reconeyes
My Device: 32gb playbook

......... ECHO....
... ............. V ..... ..
... 2.0...0.....0.......0............0.....

..... a droid wandering the desert .....