Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
babydumplinz
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

Future Things we want Rim to Fix on the Blackberry Playbook (RIM Please read and reply) Paying customers need some feedback.

Since we all purchased this item for the Flash on the Go experience let make sure we have the following in the next OS update please

Stereo Bluetooth (Can't sync with my Car Stereo) Ford Focus

for those long road trips

NetFlix App paying subscriber

Hulu App paying subscriber

Scapbook App that was premiered before the release of the BB playbook

Android

Please add to the list so Rim will read.  Paying $499.99 to 699.99 for something that is a paperweight because of the things we can't have and there are list of websites we can't even access why? 

Contributor
oneway
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Future Things we want Rim to Fix on the Blackberry Playbook (RIM Please read and reply) Paying customers need some feedback.

More things to fix:
-when receiving notification from bridge calendar on PB, can not clear notification on both blackberry phone an PB at the same time.
-browser just closes on its own sometimes! dont if triggered by website but i can confirm that i regularly go to the same websites without the browser closing. That bug is just beyond me. will try to investigate more.
-when sometimes spam emails comes through my hotmail inbox with bridge BB, PB bridge message hangs when trying to open it. For it to start displaying emails, i must delete that spam from the BB phone first than try to reopen bridge messages and it works. other wise can not open messages from bridge PB without deleting that spam email first.
-try to make it easier to put cursor at the right place for a user. for exemple, if i want to go back and add a word on a line, to select with my finger where to put cursor is very difficult and tedeous task!
-more os updates please! you guys dont need to wait for a big bunch of stuff to be fixed to bring updates out. so if you can bring an os update every time you correct 4 bugs or addon that would be great with a log of what has been updated for users to understand this was not a useless update! Very important to not leave the users in the DARK like you've been doing in the past! alot of changes in the way of doing things will be crucial to satisfy buyers and investors
Contributor
oneway
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Future Things we want Rim to Fix on the Blackberry Playbook (RIM Please read and reply) Paying customers need some feedback.

Also VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!!

We need a FILE MANAGER ASAP!
this to me is crucial cause i cant manage anything in terms of files right now on my playbook and i have 64GB of data i could store but there is no point of filling it all up if i cant even manage any files as of right now. its to the point that i rather store stuff in my BB smartphone than in my PB! which makes no sense!

Also,
-auto correction would be nice
-view pictures in portrait mode
-themes on PB would be great
-wi-fi music sync just like on my BB smartphone would be very good as well
-a .rar and .zip file opener and extractor for downloaded files
-BBM BBM BBM BBM! please BBM!
-Social feed app! that ill be amazing! or bridging the one i have on my BB smartphone!
-BB protect for PB is going to be necessary and mandatory over time! very important!

for now that will be all...
Trusted Contributor
grissom
My Device: Tour alarm clock

things i want fixed are alot of whats mentioned already too. streaming movies, FILE MANAGEMENT!!!!! again some better word processing platforms, the ability to get my monies worth by being able to have the same apps i have on my Tour, on my PB as well. one idea i have is with your ability to keep several apps open(running), how bout being able to double tap a screen, then have that screen take a side of the screen, double tap another screen have that screen take over the other half of the screen, and now as i write from my PB, double tap another screen so you have three different apps open at once. would come in handy with homework. i could read and scroll one ebook, tap my finger on the middle screen to put my cursor in place to write, and on the third screen have my video conferencing going on with my development team, or messaging, and btw, would be nice to get text messaging on this.
From an Apple or Android device
New Contributor
EliasLopez
My Device: blackberry playbook

i agree with al of you guy's.... im looking forward to the bbm, and  im also waiting for the skype and facebook app hurry up RIM!!!!

Retired
RandomHero
My Device: 9900

Thanks for you feedback everyone! We are always trying to improve our products.

Cheers,

Regular Contributor
scocam
My Device: Playbook 16

[ Edited ]

you forgot SKYPE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eastcoastcreative
New Contributor
EliasLopez
My Device: blackberry playbook

does anybody knows about the new version of the blackberry messenger? were to download it?

New Contributor
Icu_2
My Device: Playbook 64G - BlackBerry 9810 (OS 7 )

[ Edited ]

Arrow keys - I agree with "oneway".  If you want to fix typing errors it is very difficult to place the cursor in the exact place of the text where the changes need to be made with your finger.  Arrow keys added to the keyboard would help with this.

Never Option - I would like to see the option "never" in the "Backlight Time-out" and "Standby Time-out" even if its only when in "Plugged In" mode.  I like the idea of using the PlayBook as a night stand clock but it always times out and I have to interact with the playbook to have the screen come back on.  I have also been using the PlayBook to monitor my surveillance cameras via my WiFi but I hate that the screen turns off due to inactivity.

BlackBerry App World and OS updates through BB Bridge - I would like to be able to access the BlackBerry App World and I would also like to be able to update the PlayBook's OS while using the Blackberry Bridge application .  After all, I am able to use the BridgeBrowser, why can't I also download from the App World?  Unless this is an issue only to me because of my current provider? (AT&T)

Please?!

Trusted Contributor
grissom
My Device: Tour alarm clock

that is a wonderful idea(arrow keys). I hate to name drop but it is the easiest way to get an expansive idea across.....this playbook NEEDS to be able to do everything an ipod does, and anything after that is just candy. being able to cut and paste anything on my screen is a mandatory, also the highlight feature seems a little fragile, and cutting to the chase of a prompt to "select" or "select all". how about word anticipation, auto cap, spell suggestion, and being able to add to the OS dictionary, a long press on a word highlights the word, also a small opaque window pops up with the option to change font, font color, font size, bold, underline, italic, maybe even some shadowing options. different notification tones, and a last little thing. a notification light like my tour. but in short and most important is consistency, my Tab is awesome, and starting to warm up to Android, but highlight, selection, cut & paste should be done the exact same way with EVERY document, EVERY word program etc. and lower the app prices,
From an Apple or Android device