Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
grissom
My Device: Tour alarm clock

Re: Future Things we want Rim to Fix on the Blackberry Playbook (RIM Please read and reply) Paying customers need some feedback.

@cas118 i do use a charging USB port, but i think there is a way to step the charging consumption down, on my galaxy tab there was the same situation, now i can charge with my laptop, hopefully BB will fix this.
From an Apple or Android device
Trusted Contributor
Quila467
My Device: Bold 9700 and Playbook 64 Gb

Re: Future Things we want Rim to Fix on the Blackberry Playbook (RIM Please read and reply) Paying customers need some feedback.

grissom wrote:
@cas118 i do use a charging USB port, but i think there is a way to step the charging consumption down, on my galaxy tab there was the same situation, now i can charge with my laptop, hopefully BB will fix this.

The only way to do it would be to take the 5300mAh battery out of the Playbook and replace it with the 4000mAh battery that's in the Galaxy Tab.  That would shorten the battery life somewhat, so to fix that they'd have to replace the dual core processor in the Playbook with the single core processor that's in the Galaxy Tab, maybe reduce the storage space, put lower resolutaion cameras in the Playbook, etc.  Basically get rid of the stuff that uses a little extra power.

I'm not knocking the Galaxy Tab at all.  Just saying that if you want a more powerful machine, it's gonna need more power.  I wouldn't want RIM to take anything away from the Playbook as far as hardware is concerned.  A PC USB port just doesn't have enough juice.  Use an AC adapter if you want to use the Playbook while it's charging or put it in standby mode while it's charging off the USB port.

There are a lot of things I don't like about the Playbook right now, but the hardware and the fact that it takes a little more power to charge it is most definitely not one of those things I don't like.

Super Contributor
godot2011
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB

There is a lot of neat features here, but all is mixed up. I suggest the moderator/webmaster reorganize/break up this list into emerging topics like;

- email/calendar requests

- GPS and Maps related requests

- keyboard (arrow keys)

- video support

- audio support

- gaming, etc.

Put these sub- categotries under the 'Feature things ........ Fix on the Playbook"

This would help the development team to prioratrize their work. It would also help us to find easier items regarding our interst(s).

Super Contributor
godot2011
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB

GPS and Maps

I own an old TomTom GPS and I have free maps on my Nokia E71. I guess Nokia gave this away in desperation - still it works and works rather well. I have down loaded the maps (with points of interests!) of the US, Canada, Northern Ireland and the Irish Republic into my E71 and off we went to Europe! After setting the phone's Map application to "Unassisted Mode" I do not even need WiFi or GSM/3G data plan.

The bottom line - I seldom use my TomTom any more. Even though I like the larger touch screen, and what I consider better user interface. Still too much hardware to carry!

But I digress!

On my brand new Playbook I found the Bing Maps pretty poor after my previous experience with GPS. Last night I found Magellan app and have the trial version downloaded. I found out that it will not work without network connection 3G or WiFi.  I think a fully functional GPS, operating in network assisted and/or unassisted mode would be wonderful addition to the Playbook. 

Trusted Contributor
chrispycrunch
My Device: Z10, Playbook 32GB

Opening up video chat to msn im, messengers, skype, would be huge. There was talk of bbm opening to other plarforms which I thought is not a competitive move for rim, but opening video chat to skype would get sales up as compared to having video chat for pb users only. We are a small number for the time being.
-----------
Chris --- http://www.twitter.com/chrispycrunch
-----------
New Contributor
butterflys
My Device: Playbook

IMPORTANT!!

Update the browser so the PDF will open in the browser. Or alternatively automatically downloads and opens in the Adobe Reader like bridged email does.....

Trusted Contributor
grissom
My Device: Tour alarm clock

@godot2011
smashing idea! for me the word processing, email, pictures, and file management, and now password protection on selected files are at the top of my list. when PB adopts Android oh man the PB will be unstoppable, my mouth waters when i think about pic say and im just gonna say it because im an adult...loading some adult videos on my PB
From an Apple or Android device
New Contributor
kaije
My Device: playbook 16

File Management plz.

New Contributor
kaije
My Device: playbook 16

The backlight/display turning off when it's plugged-in bugs me like crazy. I also feel that there ought to be a "never" option.

xlawx87
My Device: playbook 16gb

>>>>WEB BROWSER<<< this problem almost got me threw my tablet out the car yesterday!!! i am a stock trader, my broker is through sharebuilder.com yesterday i was trying to put in a trade and it would not process!!! i click the confirmation button and the browser would not move!! and yes i was getting connectivity!! because i was able to go into another website howerver when it comes to clicking the confirm button it does not oblige this is very unacceptable since this tablet was made for bussiness transaction! i miss a very important trade because of this! please blackberry fix this problem!