05-07-2011 10:38 AM
05-07-2011 02:16 PM
1. USB Host, this is a must for those of us who want to use external storage.
2. Haptic Feedback on the software keyboard
3. Swype-style keyboard input
4. More input languages IME should come by default - on the Blackberry phones each IME and language packs have to be installed separately and Desktop Manager changed, that's PITA. With today's powerful devices and GBs of storage, all popular input methods in all languages should work right out of the box - IME packs should be a thing of the past.
5. Browser must be able to open links in new tabs in the background. Having switch back to the tab I'm currently reading is PITA.
6. WebGL support
05-07-2011 02:18 PM
6. Video chat should work with as many existing client types as possible - e.g. Google talk, Yahoo messenger - without requiring the other party to use a Blackberry ID. I'm avoiding Apple Facetime for this reason. Requiring the other end to also use the same product that you use is just...WRONG.
05-07-2011 02:48 PM
7. also expect the sophistication i've always expect from a Blackberry product - AutoText, Custom Dictionary, and the context-sensitive space bar (that I can use for @ sign or dots and maybe some other things) - I find the context-sensitive space bar one of the most missed features I miss whenever I use another phone.
05-07-2011 03:09 PM
I have no idea who controls this forum. But I assume it is someone at RIM. There are a number of very legitimate and some disturbing comments/suggestions here.The problem is that all this input is in one file, well mixed! This topic file should be more than a "shoulder to cry on".
PLEASE someone break up this flow of information into topics as I suggested already. It would help the developers to set priorities and it also helps the contributors to follow the developments of their interest/contribution(s).
05-07-2011 03:47 PM
Let me say that I love my Playbook - everything working well - wish I could dump my iPad 2 now, but I got my email address engraved on the back...ugh!
Anyway - request - I would love to have the browser have the ability to open the mic. I am trying to learn Italian on the web, and I can't speak. Also, I am taking a university class online where we use adobe flash in the browser to record our responses - I need a mic for that... So please...please... allow the browser to recognize the mic.
05-07-2011 04:47 PM - edited 05-07-2011 04:50 PM
At the risk of cross-posting, I'm trying to get this noticed:
The bridged tasks app on the PlayBook is a huge disappointment. No sorting, no categorization, no filtering.
It's pretty sparse on the BBOS phones too. Limited use of sorting or categorization. I'm using a little app called TaskMaster on my Storm 2 just to get full funtionality out of the tasks data. As basic as TaskMaster is, it blows away bridge tasks on the PB.
Developers currently have no access to the PIM data from the phone on PlayBook, so the ones that are making task apps are using their own databases that cant be synced to anything or linked to contact and calendar items.
I know native PIM is coming, but the preview at BBWC showed the same sparse feature set in Email, contacts, and calendar - and no tasks app at all. I would think RIM would want the core productivity apps to be fully featured compared to the consumer iDevices and Androids of the world.
I really want the PlayBook to be my "eDayPlanner", but it's sitting idle most of the time.
05-07-2011 05:25 PM
05-07-2011 05:32 PM