If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
grissom
My Device: Tour alarm clock
My Carrier: nada

Re: Future Things we want Rim to Fix on the Blackberry Playbook (RIM Please read and reply) Paying customers need some feedback.

@wolfier
thumb keyboard is an app on android, but swype probably would not be available. do you know exactly how it goes about...getting what i have bought for my tab to run on my PB? i need wireless printing from my PB.
From an Apple or Android device
Please use plain text.
Contributor
saminj
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: MTN

Re: Future Things we want Rim to Fix on the Blackberry Playbook (RIM Please read and reply) Paying customers need some feedback.

My wishlist for fixes...

Sometimes Apps get unstable and flicker

COPY AND PASTE: Not possible on any of BB features such as Contacts, Notepad, Tasks, BBM, Messages.

No App to do voice calls from your PB (i.e to be used as a phone)

No App to show SMS messages

"Bridge File” feature does not display any pictures or videos that are on your bb handset

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BankDelen
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Proximus

[ Edited ]

here are some ideas you can add

1) from the bridged email, give the option to open links in the bridged browser or the wifi browser. Intranet links will not open on wifi browser. and we cannot copy links from a not forwarded or edited mail.

2) file browser would be a nice to have

3) call from contacts, initiate a call on you bb phone from your bridged contacts

4) Arrow key in editable text! would be fantastic.

5) more video formats support, basic are avi, mvk, mpeg and mp4

6) an option for changing the BB id on the playbook without wiping the whole playbook.

7) ... other things I will post later on :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
BGF
Contributor
BGF
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

My wish list:

An Amazon video app that would allow me to rent Amazon movies to watch on the plane (or any option to download movies to watch offline without having to go through a PC and reformant).

A Kindle app or eReader that reads epub.

Next generation make it a half inch narrower. My Samsung Galaxy Tab will fit in the inside pocket of a sportscoat, the Playbook will not.

Citrix Receiver for enterprise apps.

Angry Birds (What were you thinking?)

File downloads from the browser do not make it obvious where to find the file on the Playbook.

This is a great device. It just needs some tweaks to make it more usable.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
grissom

When my BBPB is synced with my laptop for an extended amount of time, when my laptop falls asleep, my PB becomes disconnected. And the only way to re-sync is to unplug, re-plug again. The PB sync should remains synced, and wake when computer wakes, or we should be able to re-sync from desktop manager
Please use plain text.
Developer
brentcameron
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Beyond the usual (bluetooth audio, email/calendar clients, autotext, etc), the number one PITA for me is the KEYBOARD.  I hate how the 123sym key goes into lock mode everytime you press it.  To press h2o, you need to press "h", then 123sym, then "2", then 123sym again, then "o".  On the Torch, it's "h", 123sym, "2", "o".  MUCH quicker.  Also, if it's on a web page with multiple input fields, mark a NEXT button unless on the final field like SOME of the PlayBook screens.  At the very least, always have a .com keyboard for web but better yet, allow us to select which ones we want. 

Love the PlayBook(s) - I have 2!

Best regards,

Brent

If you found my post helpful, please thank me with a Kudo. Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Developer
brentcameron
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Oh, and another dumb one... put one of those little swipe to continue's on the startup (tutorial) page for those of us who've restarted the device more than 3 times... its VERY annoying to not be able to skip by that little tutorial.

Best regards,

Brent

If you found my post helpful, please thank me with a Kudo. Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
grissom

@ brentcameron
when android player becomes available you will want thumb keyboard, also i will be sending a rendering of a physical keyboard for the PB, you all see the new Bold with touchscreen and qwerty? i like to think i had a hand in that....wishful thinking but i did send in the rendering was called the ALPHA, this physical keyboard will be the standard BB layout.....wish me luck ya'll.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jtrini
My Device: bb 9700 and bb playbook
My Carrier: rogers

let's add skype app.
music and picture sync wi-fi from bb phone.+
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
grissom

Please use plain text.