Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
PsPaPa
My Device: 9520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Future Things we want Rim to Fix on the Blackberry Playbook (RIM Please read and reply) Paying customers need some feedback.

How about the ability to check of whether or not a browser app can switch automatically to bridgebrowser if there is no wifi connection available but bridge is.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Pulsar9
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: None

Re: Future Things we want Rim to Fix on the Blackberry Playbook (RIM Please read and reply) Paying customers need some feedback.

In addition to what has already been posted I would also like to see:

The ability to sort (alphabetize especially) the app drawer. I would also like the ability to delete preloaded apps but maybe have the preloaded app that you deleted saved in the app world so that they can be downloaded again if you want to.

While I like the idea of a standby button in the power off "app" I would also like to see a gesture based option. Perhaps a 2 or 3 finger finger bezel-to-bezel swipe. 

An option for flash to load on demand in the browser would be absolutely wonderful.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
chrispycrunch
My Device: Z10, Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: Rogers

Do comments posted on App world get deleted if you delete the app? I think I noticed my comments are not saved when I delete an app after making a comment.

Also, App World should allow for another review if an app gets updated. A user may give 1 star because it does not work or is buggy. Once resolved, a user should be allowed to re-rank the app.
-----------
Chris --- http://www.twitter.com/chrispycrunch
-----------
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Dandee123
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

strongly strongly agree!   Why my BB9700 and BB9800 can support asian language doc but Playbook doesn't

Please use plain text.
Contributor
balticbeau
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800; Plackberry PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

Repair the PlayBook's ability to connect to ALL Wi-Fi networks. I did a small experiment yesterday (details posted on the forum board) where it showed that the PlayBook will not connect to some unsecured wireless networks. Even though a Blackberry 9800 Torch, an older ASUS notebook, and a new ASUS netbook connected immediately to those wireless access points.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
grissom
My Device: Tour alarm clock
My Carrier: nada

Well RIM is known for security, maybe that's is intended....I don't even know anymore with this tablet...cheers

My 9630 Tour
From an Apple or Android device
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MiataMike
My Device: Not Specified

keyboard could use the following
Function Keys
Button to emulate Mouse Button, at least a left and right click
other wish list
Handwriting recognition. I can write faster than thumb type!
USB port to use thumb drives for extra storage space or maybe printer output
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
grissom

Maybe they could intergrate one of the charging ports, other than that we all have to wait for Playbook .2, an optional keyboard with a track pad would be sweet!

9630Tour

Please use plain text.
Contributor
oderus
My Device: Not Specified

many of my issues are already posted but id like to highlight my most pressing wants.

mkv, autotext, ssh, citrix, android apps, email app that handles all media formats (mp3, wav), 2 finger swipe to sleep, speed up opening attachments (1 meg doc file takes 3-5 mins to open), skype and the porting of existing BB apps to the PlayBook such as enterprise messenger (with video would be huge) and a native BBM app.

love the device otherwise, fits in my back pocket, battery lasts for 10 hours easily and the rapid charger charges my 9800 to full in 40 mins from dead.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
grissom

wireless print too y'all, auto capitalization, spell check whenever and wherever you type, and i would like my little red light to blink when i have a message, like on my tour.
Please use plain text.