05-28-2011 03:03 AM
05-28-2011 03:36 AM
05-28-2011 08:52 AM
05-28-2011 10:16 AM
Its now 3 weeks after purchase and I feel like I bought a fancy gadget like a really cool USB stick that lets me surf the web and take pictures. It was an impulse buy as I was going on a trip for 2 weeks and wanted something to kill the time in airports and hotels. Something to take pictures with and send back home . A day or so into the trip I realized i was bringing along an unnecessary paper weight.;
1) Can't manage multiple playlists or edit music files ... ended up playing with my IPOD
2) Taking pictures and sending them ... ended up using my BOLD
3) No SKYPE ... ended up with huge roamiing charges
4) No Netflix ..... I pay for this service but I can't use .. would work on a $250 Netbook.
5) No Slingbox .
6) BBM app doesn't support group chat ?
7) Get the new fixes out in a timely fashion even if they only fix one thing at least if I see a new software release I have hope that something is getting better. I would happily do a software update daily if I had too as I am embarassed at the $600 I spent .
05-28-2011 10:32 AM
05-28-2011 10:48 AM
05-29-2011 12:53 AM
05-29-2011 10:40 AM
Ok, a few more (not as many as last time):
Keyboard needs some work, be more "BlackBerry" like. I don't like the Android style "one button to switch to numbers/symbols" then a toggle switch between symbol keyboards.
Bridge Calendar needs to use phone settings instead of "other" settings. For example, my reminder time on my phone is "0 min", on the PlayBook with the Bridge Calendar it's "15 min". I freaked out a few times thinking I was late until I realized that I was 15 minutes ahead. If it's not the native calendar app then use the phone settings.
Bluetooth. I have a large sound system, I setup a Bluetooth receiver so I can play music through it remotely (through my BlackBerry). Yesterday I decided to get my laptop, PlayBook, and BlackBerry interconnected (as well as connected to my sound system). They all pared fine, but the PlayBook is useless with Bluetooth. I can hook up my BlackBerry to my computer and transfer files to/from it. BlackBerry to sound system no problem. I can hook up my computer to the sound system no problems. My PlayBook on the other hand refuses to connect to either, can't listen to music or transfer files. Then a startling discovery, it won't even connect to my BlackBerry. I need to use Bridge in order to get the PlayBook to actually connect to my BlackBerry. What happened? Bluetooth works fine on the BlackBerry, not on the PlayBook. In the case of the sound system, I found another thread of some users having the same issue: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-
05-29-2011 11:21 AM
05-29-2011 09:54 PM