Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
thuglas
My Device: Playbook 32GB & Curve 8330
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Future Things we want Rim to Fix on the Blackberry Playbook (RIM Please read and reply) Paying customers need some feedback.

[ Edited ]
Okay, just got my new company car today (Ford Fusion w/Sync--very cool technology). Unfortunately, the PlayBook doesn't have the correct Bluetooth services to do the stereo audio playback. My iPad worked, no problem. Sure would be nice to get this enabled for the PlayBook!!! Also, my IPad was able to connect through USB too ( this was especially cool because I could give voice commands to pick the artist and song). Ford Sync just indicated unsupported device for the PB via USB.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Kranek
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Re: Future Things we want Rim to Fix on the Blackberry Playbook (RIM Please read and reply) Paying customers need some feedback.

I am not sure if these have been mentioned.  I just found this forum.  I want the music player to show a progress bar.  I play audio books and some tracks are over 30 minutes long.  I want to be able to jump to the middle of a track in case I closed the player mid track. 

I also want a good drawing app.  I have an HP ipaq with a program called Pocket Artist.  That is the type of program I want.  I need layers and transparency.  Brush types and sizes also.  The ipaq is not nearly as powerful as my Playbook.  So far the drawing apps I have tried on my Playbook are very feeble.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
grissom
My Device: Tour alarm clock
My Carrier: nada

i used to have an ipaq, those things are SWEET!!!!
From an Apple or Android device
Please use plain text.
DrJ
New Contributor
DrJ
My Device: Blackberry 9700; Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

appworld and newsreader need to work when tethered . according to kb26774 they do not currently work without a wifi connection
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
grissom

i dont even know if this thread is valid anymore........
Please use plain text.
Developer
supraking
My Device: Not Specified

Nobody at RIM is reading this stuff anyway :smileysad:

I'll chime in regardless with what I think are the most needed updates:

- A2DP support for Bluetooth (I mean really...)

- Better memory management or support for resource-heavy websites (Google AdWords, a MAJOR site for business users, doesn't even work on the PB)

- Android app player that can run multiple apps simultaneously (have only seen the player running one app at a time in the demos)

- Obviously dedicated email, calendar, etc. (though this doesn't matter to me since I have a BB and would bridge it)

- Full Skype video chat support (through Android app player I assume)

- Built-in file manager/explorer

- Browser identification support... I don't want some websites auto-switching me to mobile mode and forcing me to use it!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
oderus
My Device: Not Specified

If RIM isn't reading this forum, then they are asking for a reckoning.

Gartner says RIM will no longer exist in 5 years time. With how things are (or aren't) progressing on the latest RIM device, I wouldn't be surprised.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
MisterHope
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Bell

I would like the ability to be able to access and use the apps on my Torch. If we can bridge to the phone, I think that access to the apps on the phone would close a gap regarding the difference in apps on the phone (which I use a number of daily for work) and the apps on the tablet.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
grissom

I think even in this stage of the game we're all still scratching our heads wondering.......why this.....why not this......what happened up there when the beautiful playbook was coming together. If the playbook came with OS6 with apps optimized, I think it would have been a great tablet, and the QNX could have come down the line as an OS upgrade. To tell you the truth I don't really buy BB apps for my Tour, there is just something off when it comes to the apps, I mean c'mon... Dunky Dough Ball, learn Urdu for BB, Magic Puzzles Castle, goal tracker, web safe colors.....I check every morning and evening to see if Android player has landed to save this amazing tablet but now my mind says what BS has BB allowed on my tablet, for the love of alll that is here on tablets already, get with the program, so many note taking apps there is an app called " another list app" I just don't know why we just can't get some simple basic in place! I have a stash put away for when Steve Jobs gets off his little stew about 7"  tablets and bless' us with an aluminum backed game killer. But for now BB hands down has the hotest 7" out there. It's super enjoyable to web surf on, just when you get to the writing is when I realize, I better get my galaxy tab 1gen to do this. Also some intergration would be a very welcome addition, too many file browser that do different things, without one doing everything, I use File Browser,  and My File Browser only, I've bought  some others, but it's just too much at times, I have to hide my adult clips from coming up in the videos section, so I have to HAVE My File Browser because it's the only one that does this. When you go to bridge files and tap video with playbook highligted, it says "There are no files that can be opened in this application" I mean c'mon I just came from watching a video on the Playbook. The updates help....I guess, nothing that I've really noticed, BB is so worried about the power button that it becomes priority one.....ipads are slippery.....but Apple sticks with it, and people buy it still, I don't know....BB trying to follow the trend is not a good idea. They should stick with the qwerty button phones, and keep this tablet, and just make improvements to the tried and true designs, Sleeker, faster, exotic materials, stop trying to reinvent the wheel, if you don't have wings.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
dazza73
My Device: 9780 bold and playbook 32gb
My Carrier: o2 uk

Here here
Please use plain text.