Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
dazza73
My Device: 9780 bold and playbook 32gb
My Carrier: o2 uk

Re: Future Things we want Rim to Fix on the Blackberry Playbook (RIM Please read and reply) Paying customers need some feedback.

Angry birds
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
grissom
My Device: Tour alarm clock
My Carrier: nada

Re: Future Things we want Rim to Fix on the Blackberry Playbook (RIM Please read and reply) Paying customers need some feedback.

actual netflix....but something tells me, this tablet may become a collectors item.....we are in limbo...BUT I LOVE LOVE LOVE MY iPAD 2!!!
From an Apple or Android device
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

BGF wrote:

My wish list:

A Kindle app or eReader that reads epub.

Citrix Receiver for enterprise apps.

For the Amazon Kindle, you can use the online web browser:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/Kindle-Cloud-Reader/m-p/1249433

for epub files, there are today several readers available on AppWorld, including at least one free.

for CITRIX, well Citrix is still developing the Citrix Receiver, it is planned to be used through the Bridge from what I read a couple of months ago.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
dazza73
My Device: 9780 bold and playbook 32gb
My Carrier: o2 uk

Back phone 2 playbook via bridge
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
grissom

Fix the annoying mail icon when all messages are either deleted, or all read
Please use plain text.
Contributor
pedalshoe
My Device: Torch 9800 and PlayBook
My Carrier: at&t

Hi,

These are not really FIXes but additional functionality.

The PlayBook would be a complete browser if it can playback Silverlight.  for instance NetFlix..  That would be huge!!  Please integrate Silverlight.  This will yet another reason why (i believe, and many others) the PlayBook is the best tablet.

IDEAS for fine cursor positioning:

-Virtual Cursor keyboard Keys

-Virtual track pad (on the screen), or

-integrate the trackpad for fine cursor positioning...

It is very difficult to type and have to go back to edit something with your finger.  (like the virutal ideas).

Lastly,

Help Amazon deliever Kindle for the PlayBook.. I have it on my Torch 9800.  The reading experience on the PlayBook will be unmatched..  truly.

I've seen RIM responding to this discussion, that is why i feel this isnt a waste of time.

Thank you,

Christopher L.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pedalshoe
My Device: Torch 9800 and PlayBook
My Carrier: at&t

In addition to the virtual track pad idea.  Instead of having the trackpad hide anything on the screen.  when in edit mode, make use of the bezel around the screen (you can make it configurable for left or right handed people).

-Christopher L.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
grissom

One thing BlackBerry really had down with the phones was all the intoned and alerts. We need that vast choice on the playback

via Galaxy Tab 7" original
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mayerberne
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Features:

- access to company files over bridge (//servername or ip/share as on Bold 9700) for editing and saving on playbook (open the saved files only when connecting with bridge)

- When I accept route rdp or vnc app traffics over bridge to my company

- arrow keys

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
grissom

It's so hard to fathom what BB is going to do, I just got an app on my ipad that remotes to my PC, and BB is putting up filler for apps. I don't understand what it going on. I mean we're all making this big deal about the new phone with the qwarty and touchscreen, the HTC with the Facebook button is already here. BB needs to stop putting out leaks about whats going to come, because they aren't fast enough to come to market. I just gave up my Tour, and went with an Android go phone, and have more internet time on it in the first 2 weeks then I did with my whole entire ownership of my Tour. I still want a Torch(slide up) because that alt Tour that's about to come out is UUUUGGGGLLLYYY. It's so sad, by the time I can afford a BlackBerry, and actually can fill it with useful info, I've surpassed their capabilities. So when Android gets here NEXT year sometime(because summer is over in Seattle) I hope they could go the way of the iPad2 and offer pay as you go internet plans for the tablet....aftermarket. And it would be nice just to get some work on the playbook...please!!!!!
Please use plain text.