Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

celron
My Device: Playbook & Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile Germany

Scrolling and Zooming on the frame!

[ Edited ]

Please add scrolling swipe-gestures on the frame. gestures (in particular the zooming mode) do not work above a flash-area. it'd be so cool if i could use the frame to zoom and scroll.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
grissom
My Device: Tour alarm clock
My Carrier: nada

Re: Future Things we want Rim to Fix on the Blackberry Playbook (RIM Please read and reply) Paying customers need some feedback.

This is all wishful input, no updates of recent, leaks of new phones though, I would just be happy to has OS7, till they get their @*## together, now this forum is an exercise in the ridiculous.
From an Apple or Android device
Please use plain text.
Contributor
georgekGR
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: none

Re: Future Things we want Rim to Fix on the Blackberry Playbook (RIM Please read and reply) Paying customers need some feedback.

hi, 

in addition to the above mentioned things here inwould stress and add the following:

-full functionality of the apps on the bridge connectiin as they are in the phone

-provide interface for adjustment of screen sensitivity on the pb so we can use a stylus in an actually useful way

-liberate applications tonall users regardless of country of origin, this is ridiculus for a tablet of the caliber of the playbook, even rim apps are not available in my country...this is a major setback

-pay more attention to us rim and change of policy, it looks like we are being let down and the waiting is too much, delivered the promised and in good time and quality. i have faith in the company but will not last eternally if the playbook apps and os are not fixed the way they should, so in the next update fix as well the internal policies in order to deliver on time and with quality as required......

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
grissom

Yes the playbook is a powerful tablet. But as of late my playbook seems to be full of glitches. When I pull up appworld, the loading is so slow sometimes, and sometimes I just get the green spinning load animation. Apps....well that's a dead horse, we all are on the same page. There was a time when I met the limits of my tablet, and complained to no end, and all the BB defenders were there defending the tablet. No so anymore. RIM you have let down the hardcore fan base. I do believe they were BB phone fans, and eventhough I have since reduced my Tour to an alarm clock. I am a BB PHONE fan, this tablet would and can still be amazing but the hold up is pretty criminal. And I love the comercials that show the playbook really doing......nothing that is extraordinary. I think playbook owners who really know how to navigate and utilize this tablet, I should say any tablet on the market know how shady RIM is being. With all the tablets on the market today, you have the nerve to put out this exspensive(albeit) gorgeous paperweight, and expect us to overlook the obvious is bad karma. The smoke screen RIM put out is clearing out. On Youtube you couldn't find a decent critisism, and that prompted me to get it, on the net with a Yahoo search, you only found titles like " The professonal tablet", now you can find titles like " Disappointment" associated with the Playbook. Well I rant. This is supposed to be a "fixit" forum....so I say......fix this whole thing! From the screen timeout settings, the weak pointless apps, the questionmark catagory you call utilities, utilities these aren't, spell correct, cursor buttons on keyboard, a full Docs to Go, that will actually sync with my PC, and even a better syncing interface, there is so little effort with the syncing of the tablet and phone, it seems like an afterthought, compared to iTunes, and even the Android sync, with those two you can see and control what is happening. With BB syncing it's an automatic process, and the little control you do have is so frustrating. RIM are you even aware of other products on the market, and where the proverbial "bar" is, because as of late RIM products have consistantly fallen way short. You guys need serious help, you should hire some of the brains here, they may not have the paperwork to create, but they can give you ideas that would make this tablet a contender, or the new champion. Let go of the pride. You really shouldn't have any at this point.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
n_mastorakis
My Device: 9800 torch
My Carrier: COSMOTE

logmein...pls logmein...also skype!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
diventa
My Device: blackberry playbook 64gb and blackberry bold 9700 os6 on Bes5
My Carrier: TIM

another vote for an easy way to correct typo's , most often isn't easy to place the cursor where you have to correct or delete mistyped charcters

rather the ipad magnifying lens, i like that sort of blue movable cursor that comes out when you intend to select some text, could be an idea that if you bring the end pin over the start pin it becomes a simple cursor for placing the cursor for corrections

thanks
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
grissom

I think RIM addressed the cursor issue. Last time I typed and tapped to attempt to cursor move, a single blue tab appeared.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pipelerma
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet
My Carrier: Felipe Lerma

FIX THE SQLERROR(3128).... My playbook have 46.5GB free space and the media gallery crash with the SQLERROR (3128) ever I transfer files is over 400MB (pictures). I have to delete the files, put half of files and this is able to work. I repeat, is frustrating have a Playbook with 64GB and not be able to use them. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
diventa

the single cursor to correct typo's appears to my experience only if you try to correct the url in the bridge browser but in the body of an email or when you type a message like this one it doesn't appear because as you keep pressed come out two cursors that believe you want to copy and paste bkocks of text, the workaround is to move both cursors to the same place but is anoying to have to move two cursors and is not easy , i was suggesting two tricks if you move the second cuscor over and past the other it reverts to jjst one cursor and then you move to the right place or when you press it omes up a further option to copy paste select all etch , called edit or correct and the two cursors merge to one...

thanks
Please use plain text.
Contributor
diventa

calendar bridge issues

in the week mode it starts from sun even if on my blackberry smartphone the week view of the calendar is set to start with monday - i know there isn't an option on the playbook but it should reflect exactly the smartphone settings when bridged

also i do not like that to setup a muti user meeting request i have to do it from the blackberry smartphone as on the calendar bridge there isn't an easy way to set it up ( most important thing is being able to find the first available free slot of all the attendees

thanks
Please use plain text.