If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
dpeay
My Device: Storm 2 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Future Things we want Rim to Fix on the Blackberry Playbook (RIM Please read and reply) Paying customers need some feedback.

Sonce this is supposed to be mobile work capable how about resident programs like tasks - notes - calendar and contacts? Being able to bridge is OK but being able to use the Playbook as a functional work platform is diminished by these not being available and no viable app package available that will sync with your PC - very disappointed.

babydumplinz wrote:

Since we all purchased this item for the Flash on the Go experience let make sure we have the following in the next OS update please

Stereo Bluetooth (Can't sync with my Car Stereo) Ford Focus

for those long road trips

NetFlix App paying subscriber

Hulu App paying subscriber

Scapbook App that was premiered before the release of the BB playbook

Android

Please add to the list so Rim will read.  Paying $499.99 to 699.99 for something that is a paperweight because of the things we can't have and there are list of websites we can't even access why? 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dblackb99
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Storm

Re: Future Things we want Rim to Fix on the Blackberry Playbook (RIM Please read and reply) Paying customers need some feedback.

1. Log on to BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
  2. Click My Profile.
  3. Click the Subscriptions & Bookmarks tab.
  4. Change your settings and click Save Changes.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mnhockeycoach99
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

The post from Oderos was the most recent one that struck a nerve. I understand that people are frustrated with either previous or current RIM products, but wanting a company to "implode" is just classless.

As for unsubscribing, I think you can click on your profile and uncheck the "subscribe to posts that I comment on" option.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Zildjian71
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800 x 2, PlayBook 16g & 64g, Bridged with RROYY.com
My Carrier: ATT

[ Edited ]

The Scrapbook app is free just download it...

The criticism of RIM is getting old.  I did not buy the PlayBook or register to this forum to hear people repeat the lame press....they will print what ever sells whether it is viable news or not.  The press does not determine the success of a product we do with our bank accounts...and I'm pretty pleased with my purchase so far...

I would like to see some genuine evaluation of the OS, the user experience, the hardware and the form factor, while remembering that this is VERSION ONE of both the hardware and OS.  Also keep in mind that your desktop is ancient in comparison to tablet computing after all the whole tablet thing is barely over one year old as far as consumer acceptance and wide use goes.

Can you imagine tablet computing after 5, 10 or 20 years!  Imagine PlayBook version 6.0!

After owning a Torch, playing with all matter of Android and IOS devices I like this User Interface the best, I would like to be able to add categories to the home screen.  Larger sized tablets do have more impressive screens but they are way too heavy to use for long periods of time, 11 inch is more like a commercial product instead of personal.  I like this size it suits me well.

As someone who came from MS-DOS 2.2 and Apple ProDOS, and on I have no entitlements as to what should be included FREE. 

For me tablet computing is pretty close to what personal computing should be, much better than a phone.  I enjoy my PB so much that I wish everyone to have some sort of tablet and for everyone I know personally to have a PB so we can video chat to keep in touch.  The coming email, callendar and contact apps will be a welcome sight.

Personally I would like to see One GIG RAM per core, higher than 600 pixel vertical resolution, SD or some other storage expansion, USB client such as thumb drive for sneaker netting.  I wold like to browse other computers on my WiFi network from the PB...that may require installing browser clients for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux systems which I would be willing to pay for.  OK that's a lazy couch potatoe request but hey the couch is one of my favorite PlayBook venues.  Oh and ditto on the BlueTooth stuff too.

dazza73
My Device: 9780 bold and playbook 32gb
My Carrier: o2 uk

Tbh i have been put off by rim after 7yrs the new devices have lame battery life not good 4 a normal day useage ie emails twitter fb and so on still have my 9780 4 bbm but will be looking for something new
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mnhockeycoach99
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

Lame battery life? Try an Android phone, I can guarantee you'll be charging it more often than you do your 9780.

Ps. You should try the 9900. I've been emailing, BBM'ing, and surfing web moderately all day today and have 3/4 battery life still.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kyle775
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: LG

I want to be able to read korean characters in my email through the new (excellent) messages app.

I want to be able to watch and listen to more formats of media natively, i dont want to change apps to listen to an album i have in flac (and i dont want to convert it!).  Or try to watch a movie only to realize it has no sound. 

A tabbed pdf reader, or the abity to multitask the same application more than once.. i cant view two pdf files without closing my original adobe instance.

SKYPE! for the love of god.... who do i have to contact to get skype on my playbook?

hmmm im sure there will be more...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
blairrnb
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

People need to speak up and demand bloomberg mobile on the playbook. The links and searches on Marketwatch did not work properly on playbook 1
Hopefully the Site is functional on playbook 2. The words on the keyboard of the playbook are helpful as the keys on the keyboard are too small.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
songpor
My Device: BlackBerry 9860 and Playbook
My Carrier: SingTel @Singapore

wish list:

1. WhatsApp in Playbook --> its already in BB, please have it on playbook.

2. Texting/SMS --> any chance of adding it in playbook?

3. Predictive text --> hope for similar function as per the blackberry

4. I realised that emails on Playbook do not show the all the emails in BB? Any reason why not as I would have thought it is synchronised to the BB?

I'm using BB9860 btw...

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

blairrnb wrote:
People need to speak up and demand bloomberg mobile on the playbook.

is this wishful thinking or are you including yourself in "people" ? :smileyhappy:

if you wantto demand something, the correct place is here :

http://www.bloomberg.com/mobile/bloomberg/

blairrnb wrote:
Hopefully the Site is functional on playbook 2. The words on the keyboard of the playbook are helpful as the keys on the keyboard are too small.

so, have you tried on PlayBook OS2 ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.