Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
simondr
My Device: torch9800
My Carrier: three

G Mail issue with my 9800

Can anybody tell me why i am suddenly unable to open e-mails from my gmail accoun ton my 9800?  I have heard there are some issues with this and was advised to remove account and then the battery (which i have to do every night anyway - thanks BB!) and leave it out for 24hrs. Then sign back into the account (kind o like resetting it i guess) and it should be ok

This did work but now no longer does.

When i get a message on my gmail acct i can open the gmail, then click on the message that is new but nothing happens. Then it just returns to the home screen without opening my e-mail

I have other e-mail accts (not gmail) that work fine

Any answers appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sidekickkdx
My Device: Torch 9800 / Playbook
My Carrier: ATT

Re: G Mail issue with my 9800

I don't know if this will help or not, but I also set up my gmail account on my 9800 and it seemed to work fine at first.  But then I realized that Google made itself the default calendar and mail and there was no way I could change it back.  I finally wiped my phone and never tried that again.  I have my gmail account set up so that all emails are forwarded to another email account that works better with my 9800.   That's easy to do, and you can set it up so that the emails are deleted from the gmail server once they are forwarded.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

You may get an answer it this was the phone forum. Please post to the correct the forum. This is for the PlayBook. Thanks
Come again soon.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
simondr
My Device: torch9800
My Carrier: three

Thanks. I had that thought also so will probably try it.
Please use plain text.