Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
carus68
My Device: Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: AT&T

GMX email folders/sub-folders not syncing using IMAP

I've recently setup the new Messages client on my Playbook 2.0 to sync GMX emails using IMAP.  Everything is working fine except I'm not seeing any folders or sub-folders other than "Inbox", "Drafts", "Sent" and "Outbox".  I imagine only the Inbox is actually being synced, the others seem to be local to the Playbook.

I thought IMAP supported folders?   Is the issue with the Playbook or GMX?   Anyone else see this problem?

I'm also using the Bridge Messages client for my work email, that works fine, with folders and all.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
carus68
My Device: Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: GMX email folders/sub-folders not syncing using IMAP

FYI.

I placed a support call with RIM regarding this issue and got a very quick response from them...

"Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Technical Support.

I have looked into the folders syncing over to the BlackBerry PlayBook, and I do have some bad news.

Even though IMAP supports the syncing of folders, the BlackBerry PlayBook does not support this feature yet. We hope that it will be introduced in the near future. 

The reason you see your folders over Bridge E-mail is because the BlackBerry PlayBook is simply showing the information stored on the BlackBerry Smartphone. The Smartphone messages application does support folder sync.

If you wish to see the folders for the IMAP account, you could integrate the e-mail account on your phone, and use BlackBerry Bridge to view the account with the folders."

Unfortunately, I'm unable to install personal email on my phone because it's for buisness only, so I'll have to wait for their update.  Still I'm happy with the response as it was, at least we know it isn't supposed to work!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jpirie
My Device: Blackberry Q10, Blackberry Playbook 64Gb
My Carrier: Vodafone U.K.

Re: GMX email folders/sub-folders not syncing using IMAP

Hi,

I see this post was made some time ago.  Playbook has had some fairly major overhauls since then and still no sign of Folder synchronisation?  Has anyone contacted Blackberry again regarding this glaring omission?

James...a new Playbook owner who is having second thoughts !

James K. Pirie
Highland Blackberry User
Please use plain text.