Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
ddalley
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 16Gb

GMail's new compose pop-up

I just used GMail's new compose pop-up and it helps solve some interface control problems with their site, such as selecting the To: address more easily, but there are other new issues, such as not having the edit frame centred, where we can see all of it (it is stuck in the top-right corner). Before now, it was very difficult to compose a message, now it is a bit better, but not perfect, so use this topic to collect GMail issues as you find them. However, I am also having trouble using the default browser with this site, so I can't compose this message well, either. I am using Dolphin in HTML mode.

Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10

Re: GMail's new compose pop-up

Why not configure the native messages app with your Gmail account rather than use the website? 

Contributor
ddalley

If you mean the one that was on the PB's desktop when I got it, it has trouble with the default browser, too.

I try to use what works best, but, so far, nearly everything struggles with GMail, one way or another.

Forums Veteran I
jamead1981

No, I mean the native email application on the playbook. You can configure your Gmail account by pressing the gears icon on the home screen and going into Accounts

Contributor
ddalley

Oh, do you mean the account there that has "Email - No accounts setup" even though I have defined my GMail account?

Like I said, I use what I can get to work.

Forums Veteran I
jamead1981

Are you getting any error when setting up your gmail account? Have you enabled IMAP  access within Gmails settings on the website? 

Contributor
ddalley

[ Edited ]

Error: not that I am aware of...

IMAP: yes, it should be

But I always use their web client, nothing but a browser on my end.

Forums Veteran I
jamead1981

More than happy to try and help you resolve not being able to add it but the details your giving are very sketchy. 

So you just add your Google account to the Native Messages App and it disappears with no error or anything?

IMAP itself it not switched on by default with Google so this may be one cause. 

Contributor
ddalley

Talk about sketchy. I am in a hotel room and this Internet service is sketchy, so I am trying to get as much done as I can while it lets me be on-line (or not).

Yes, IMAP is enabled.

When I click on Accounts, it lists my e-mail address, but it also says that it is not connected. Well, the tablet is connected, right now, so that is one thing. When I click on my account, it indicates that it is not connected: "Please connect to a network and try again."

Forums Veteran I
jamead1981

Ok, so your account is actually setup and visible? You mentioned earlier on that it had disappeared. 

And even if you drag down to refresh, no new emails appear even when connected to a live internet connection and other apps work?