Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
cmdaga
My Device: Bold 9900 and Playbook

Games for the Tablet

I have been using the Playbook Tablet for about 7 months now. The overall usage is mostly for presentations, movies, music, email and overall entertainment. I rely heavily on gaming. Frankly, apart from a few games (20 to be exact), the app store is completely baseless. Even among the ones present, the quality is terrible and the overall sense of finish is lacking. The games worth mentioning are Asphalt and the first person shooters.

I request RIM to please push the envelope and create better games, or tie up and port games from the iOS system so as to provide a full blown experience. After all, even we would want to play as Iron Man or Optimus Prime and parkour our way through the rooftops in Mirror's Edge. Please work on it.

It is a sincere request.

Developer
WebCreep
My Device: BlaclBerry PlayBook 16gb, BlackBerry dev alpha

Re: Games for the Tablet

New Contributor
cmdaga
My Device: Bold 9900 and Playbook

Thank you for the effort but I doubt that is the solution to my post. Like I said, there has to be quality. Considering that Blackberry is around for a really really long time, the apps have to be much more up to date. Though I prefer a blackberry in my palm, the Playbook tablet is yet to see a similar level of satisfaction. There have to be either porting softwares, or some really good games. 

Developer
WebCreep
My Device: BlaclBerry PlayBook 16gb, BlackBerry dev alpha

check out the ui of those games

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

I thouht Spiderman was good.

I enjoy tower turret, Plants vs Zombies, Need for speed, angry birds, fruit ninja slash and more.

My son has tried many of teh free games and yes some are not so great but how many did we think were great 20 years ago?

Some times its about the game not the graphics. EA and gameloft has a bunch of good games too and more big names are coming.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2012/11/retro-games-on-blackberry/

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

cmdaga wrote:

I have been using the Playbook Tablet for about 7 months now. The overall usage is mostly for presentations, movies, music, email and overall entertainment. I rely heavily on gaming. Frankly, apart from a few games (20 to be exact), the app store is completely baseless. Even among the ones present, the quality is terrible and the overall sense of finish is lacking. The games worth mentioning are Asphalt and the first person shooters.

I request RIM to please push the envelope and create better games, or tie up and port games from the iOS system so as to provide a full blown experience. After all, even we would want to play as Iron Man or Optimus Prime and parkour our way through the rooftops in Mirror's Edge. Please work on it.

It is a sincere request.

I'm glad you're volunteering to learn how to program games for the PlayBook. I wish more people took it upon themselves to design games for the PlayBook. Thanks for doing that! </sarcasm>

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/18560868/

Flycraft game exclusive, I am going to get it tonight look like fun.

see trailer here

http://flycraftgame.com/

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V