Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
Ascy
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: N/A

Gel Skin Case With Leather Envelope Case - Question For Those With Both

Hello

I've ordered a PlayBook and plan to get a gel rubber skin for it (eg  http://www.amazon.co.uk/BlackBerry-PlayBook-Gel-Skin-Black/dp/B004XKG7XC/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=U... Does anyone have one of these and the leather envelope case (here http://www.amazon.co.uk/BlackBerry-PlayBook-Leather-Envelope-Black/dp/B004XKG82M) and, if so, could you tell if the PlayBook will fit inside the envelope case with the gel case attached to the back of the PlayBook?

Also, is the envelope significantly better than the sleeve which comes with the PlayBook? 

Thanks

Aaron  

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Gel Skin Case With Leather Envelope Case - Question For Those With Both

Dont see the need for a rubber skin. The PB has a rubberised back for grip.  You need clear access to the buttons and sockets. Invest in a desk dock charger instead.

Anything is better than the neoprene slip that comes with playbook. It is like getting a wetsuit on and off.

My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: N/A

Re: Gel Skin Case With Leather Envelope Case - Question For Those With Both

Thanks for the reply, jarviser. I've got a similar rubber skin for my Tab 8.9 which I really like - don't have to worry about putting it down on things that may scuff the back. It also has cut-outs for the buttons and sockets, so that's not a problem. I've had a go with a PlayBook in the shop before ordering one, but didn't notice that the back was rubberised. Think I'll still get a skin though as they can alsways be replaced if they get a bit worn. 

Please use plain text.