Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Get BlackBerry Bridge for your BlackBerry

sdfenton wrote:

Thanks, will try that (upgrading OS). Says takes several hours so scheduled for tonight @ midnight.  Will report back tomorrow.

OS upgrade usually takes less than 1 hour.

here are some steps to assist.

Manual device OS upgrade instructions:

1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

2. Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. Get DM here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

3. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.

4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."

5. This step is not needed unless there is an issue on next steps. Use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to step 6

6. remove internet connection to PC and reboot PC.

7. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file was in.

8. if you did Step 5, restore from back up. Follow this KB if needed http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339

Enjoy the new OS.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sdfenton
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: att

Okay, it worked!  Wow, a lot of work and countless hours on this. Thanks for all suggestions!!

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Glad to hear it and to see you stuck with it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,893
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

there is a handheld device Bridge update to version 1.0.0.83, the same links in the first post in this thread still work :smileyhappy:

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lungo1
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: AT&T

Hi,

Neither suggested link works for AT&T users.  Can't seem to get Bridge from anywhere.  AT&T does not seem to care.  My Playbook is now an expensive paperweight.  Is any solution in sight?

Please use plain text.
frustratedbyplaybook
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: at&t

None of these suggestions help. I am an AT&T customer also, and my next option now would be to return this Playbook.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lungo1
My Device: Curve 9300

Does anyone know about the timing for a solution to the AT&T/BlackBerry Bridge problem?  How about the timing for a native e-mail/calendar/contacts application? 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
_Scott_
My Device: Bold 9000

I too am an AT&T user unable to make the bridge work.  Wifi is fairly ubiquitous these days so I rarely use (and even more rarely require) the mobile network for non-telecom reasons.  Perhaps I'm missing something here but it seems to me that there ought to be a way to move email and certain other types of files between the Playbook and phone without relying on a third computer or the AT&T mobile network.  To let this go on without even the promise of a reasonable workaround is unacceptable.

If I want to stream Netflix or Pandora to the Playbook through the AT&T network, then fine, that seems reasonable to me for AT&T to charge me a premium.  However, my limited experience with the Playbook and reading this thread suggests that the situation is much more drastic.  Literally, no data shall pass without the bridge application.. If I want to create a text file on the Playbook to send as an email from my phone, I'd have to use a third computer as an intermediary and hook them together with cords.  Even if wifi is available, I still need a third computer.  A program to connect my phone to the Playbook over wifi would satisfy most of my need and side-step the AT&T mobile network.  Again, to let this go on without even the promise of a reasonable workaround is unacceptable.

If my  2-year contract with AT&T were expired (and I think it is), then I could simply chage carriers and make this problem go away.  Of course, that would involve buying another Blackberry phone and I would want one of the new models (of course) which is more money to spend on top of the $550 for the Playbook. I could also, perhaps more easily, return the Playbook and pocket the money or buy competitor's product.  At this point, I think its a matter of principle which direction I take.  if this is AT&T going back on their word, then changing carriers will put the pain where it belongs.  However, if RIM marketed the Playbook to me as having this feature without AT&T's buy-in then I have a problem with RIM. 

Please let me know if I'm misunderstanding the situation.

Please use plain text.
frustratedbyplaybook
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: at&t

Yes, I think you sumarized my situation perfectly. I'll return my Playbook today, and possibly get an iPad.

Thanks for your response.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,893
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

And with an iPad you'll still have no Bridge to your BlackBerry :smileywink:
Personally, I feel ATT is coming to grips with Bridging, and will join the crowd soon, hopefully sooner. But I understand the frustration.
We do know that native email and PIM is coming perhaps sooner than predicted.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.