Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Get BlackBerry Bridge for your BlackBerry

Tantrobus, now you open the Bridge app and follow the prompts.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rxbracho
My Device: Bold 9700 & PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

I loaded the .jad file into my device (Bold 9700 OS5) but when i clicked on it, I get an error saying "907 Inalid COD" "File not found"  Any ideas?  I have Bridge v 1.0.0.71 running but doesn't support BBM.  Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Rxbracho you shouldn't to load the jad file just use the OS 5 link above to install Bridge over the air direct to your 9700.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rxbracho
My Device: Bold 9700 & PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

But the link gives me a .jad file, not an OTA one. I pushed the file to the phone and double clicked on it, which began to behave as if OTA, but beginning to install, i got the error. Is there another link?

Correction: Apparently when clicking with a regular PC browser, I get the .jad file.  I clicked again with the 9700 browser and indeed it came OTA.  It still gave me the same error but, I've gotten it before and sometimes it goes away by simply retrying (I don't know why).  The second time, it downloaded and rebooted the device.  I can take it from here, thanks.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Exactly, I thought it was pretty clear these downloads are for your handheld device, therefore you should download them using your handheld BlackBerry.

Just in case any other user might be confused...

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

If enough users started to cancel their Blackberry contracts with their carrier because they cannot have the full features of their phone, their carrier would be forced to allow. They have to out-right cancel and state their reason for cancellation.  After they lose a number of thousands of subscribers they would be forced to change their policy.

There are a number of carriers around that are not allowing the bridge feature to work. I guess they feel the customer is getting something for nothing. These carriers are pulling in huge profits every year anyways.

This is not very fair to the users when they cannot have features they are supposed to have. With the high rate of competition in the industry companies are becoming very sensitive to their customer's reaction and satisfaction.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
JSanders

Thanks jerryg50, but let's please leave this thread to discussion and help regarding getting Bridge installed, not opinions and debate over the why and which of carriers' intentions. Thanks for understanding.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

the work around supplied by JSanders is a great if your carrier is not supporting your needs. Enjoy your PlayBook with it. I am because of this thread.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
chrispycrunch
My Device: Z10, Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

I hope not be hijacking this thread, but I had bridge/tethering working perfectly. Even when updating the OS for both devices, I could re-connect and it worked fine.

After connecting the 8900 and the playbook to the bluetooth audio transmitter (the audio transmitter would only work for the 8900 but not the playbook), I could no longer get Bridge to connect. It would give the "Blackberry Bridge is Locked...your blackberry smartphone could not be found) message.

[Edit: I rebooted the curve and now it seems to be connecting normally again...]

-----------
Chris --- http://www.twitter.com/chrispycrunch
-----------
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I was unable to use my HS 700 headset while the Playbook was connected to bluetooth. After I turned off the BT connection on PlayBook, the HS 700 worked fine.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.