Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
rxbracho
My Device: Bold 9700 & PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Get BlackBerry Bridge for your BlackBerry

AT&T added it but disabling the feature by which you can use the PlayBook's browser via the phone (if there is no WiFi), using your data plan. AT&T wants you to pay extra for tethering to enable such feature. All other carriers left the feature in place; that's why we download it from the RROYY site. Also, I'm not sure if the AT&T version is the latest, RIM is at 1.0.6.5
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

I tried the bridge browser. I found it slow and sometimes not responding well. In this mode many sites worked like a reduced size mobile site. Streaming sound and video was poor.

I have a tethering plan. Using tether browsing is excellent in performance compared to bridge browsing. I found with a fair amount of browsing and using remote email, I never exceeded about 800 mb of data usage in any month. I am on tether with the PB a few hours every day. I only stream some news videos from TV news channel sites and Youtube.

For the service and usage I get from the tele company I don't regard the tether plan to be excessively expensive.

Jerry G.
Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50

I am anxious for RIM to fix the spell correction in the bridge email. I am also surprised they never came out with an email client software. I am sure the lack of these two important items must have hurt their sales. The PB itself is a terrific tablet.
Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
redheadp
My Device: Z30. 9860. 9800. PlayBook.
My Carrier: Optus

I totally agree jerry, even if the torch software could have been ported over would have made it a super tablet. i keep going back to my phone to get joba done properly.but my eyes need the pb screen.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50

[ Edited ]

I cannot understand how the RIM designers and managers could have been so out of touch with what the other device manufactures were doing. The RIM phones and tablets as far as the hardware is concerned are top quality products. Their demise was the lack of insite to have competitive software to make their products appear and work in such a way to make a selling point to the masses. They should have also paid more attention to how to sell and market their products to the masses.

The very first negative comments were about having no email client, no spell correction in the bridge mode, the GPS not working properly, the Bing maps being buggy, and the lack of software. There were some comments that when logging in to the Application World the first software they saw were children's type games. This is the last thing a serious business tablet user would want to see when looking at software downloads.

As a business product, their phones and tablet are ideal. But, there is also the need to make and market a product line that would fit to the masses.

I am a heavy user of the Torch and Play Book. I am on these extensively. For myself they do what I need, and they do it well. But, I am not of the average type of user. If RIM comes out with a new model tablet I would certainly consider upgrading to it. I tried a number of other types, and for my type of use the RIM tablet fits well for me.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
allooosh1996
My Device: Curve 8520 , Playbook
My Carrier: umm ..

can someone help me ?? i have two Pbs and two bbs one of them doesn't have a blackberry bridge ,, in the app world when i find blackberry bridge app i cannot download it . and the other blackberry has a blackberry bridge but when i try to connect it to my playbook it keeps loading and loading without any result ,, what should i do ?
by the way i'm in saudi arabia (Mobily) ,, Thanks
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

allooosh1996 wrote:
can someone help me ?? i have two Pbs and two bbs one of them doesn't have a blackberry bridge ,, in the app world when i find blackberry bridge app i cannot download it . and the other blackberry has a blackberry bridge but when i try to connect it to my playbook it keeps loading and loading without any result ,, what should i do ?
by the way i'm in saudi arabia (Mobily) ,, Thanks

First page in this thread you can download Bridge with out app world.

delete the BlueTooth Bridge profiles on both devices, update bridge app if not done already

Then perform a Battery pull please, with the BlackBerry smartphone powered ON, remove the battery 15 seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot device. This will clear all cache like rebooting a PC.

on Playbook press power button and both Vol + - buttons for 10 seconds to reboot it.

setup bridge again and see if it persists.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
allooosh1996

Having another problem ,, With my torch just accepted the paring but with my curve i cannot download the Bridge its says to me Download failed even with the usb cable any help ? 

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

are you running OS 5 on your curve?

What OS are you on? On your device, type in a new message MYVER and a space after to see and report back please.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
allooosh1996

yes Os 5
Please use plain text.