Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
osanders
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Get BlackBerry Bridge for your BlackBerry

I agree with Jerry that the BB devices are great for business and email also the bridge application has been very helpful for me. I don't care about native PB email since I can access all my email accounts via the bridge. Do have to be careful with bad emails slipping through but the PB will refuse to open via bridge. Yes eventhough I don't use alot of apps it would be nice if we had more available that could be used while running the bridge app.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
papertrumpet
My Device: Playbook 64 G / BB Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

For me, Bridge is the most redeeming quality lf the PB. It has worked well for me for nearly a year.  I travel extensively and the PB screen is much easier on the eyes than my Bold 9930 when out of WIFI range.  It remains the single BEST feature.

I agree though that more apps (a.k.a. Android compatibility) would enhance the experience.  I bought my PB for 2 reasons: Bridge and App compatibility - both advertised all the way back in 2010 before PB's initial release. 

Here is an example -- Give us Skype. My wife has an iPad2. I thought I might be able to video chat with her on my travels when I bought the PB.  A year is a long time to wait, and some of the workarounds for it are tedious and unreliable.

This is a good thread.  It's helped keep me from totally regretting my decision to buy my PB.

PB-64g (Wifi) & Bold 9930 (Verizon/Vodafone)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
OlderBiker
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

My apologies if this has been covered, couldn't find anything on it.
When os2 is finally released, will there be a new version of "bridge" also? I thought I read somewhere new features require a different bridge .
Thanks

Dennis
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

I was told and read articles indicating the Playbook OS2 update will be issued toward the end of February.  Earlier, there were some articles saying by at least February 21st. We are getting very close to the end of February. 

As for the Bridge program, this will also have to be updated to have the added options.  There will be many new interesting features with OS2. Since I am a heavy Playbook user I am very anxious for this.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
OlderBiker
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Just got a popup saying new version on bridge available. Thanks for the answer though!
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I have it available in app world too.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
boylinux
My Device: 9860
My Carrier: Bell

It works with controlling my PlayBook Running 1.0. This whole post was typed from my 9860.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

I did not get the popup yet. This means its a matter of time for the servers to send the distriburtions through the RIM network.

I read on Crackberry the OS2 update may start to be distributed at between 04:00 EST to 05:00 EST. Since I work late nights I may be up at that time. I am anxious for this OS from the positive news I read about it.

Jerry G.
Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
boylinux

On your phone go to app world. Go to updates from the drop down menu. Click the BB button and select refresh and it will show it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
boylinux

The open on feature doesn't work on 1.0.8. I disconnects and reconnects and throws you into remote control mode.
Please use plain text.