Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

JSanders
Solutions: 5,838
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Get BlackBerry Bridge for your BlackBerry

It's honestly, likely, related to something else... another background operating of some application.

It's really next to impossible to tie down one app consuming the battery, unless you're also observing the battery and CPU usage from the Application Resource Monitor on the handheld device and/or the CPU usage chart in OS 6 and 7 device.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
awinfo
My Device: Torch 9800 OS6.0.0.668, Playbook OS2.1.0.1088, Bridge v2.1.0.32
My Carrier: Vodafone Netherlands

Re: Get BlackBerry Bridge for your BlackBerry (worked properly after BB ID upgrade)

I recently updated to BBBridge 2.1.0.24 after being notified for the upgrade on BB AppWorld.

Since that time, the bridge connects to my playbook, but as soon as for instance the screen showed up on the PB for MemoPad, immediately the lock sign showed up and BB Bridge on the smartphone showed a disconnected status.

disabling the remote screen control on the smartphone to handle your PB screen didnot make the bridge to work again.

Yesterday, I opened AppWorld on my smartphone (BB 9800) and immediately a notification came up in a pop-up box that I had to upgrade my BB ID (app).

After having done that, BB Bridge suddenly worked again, perfect, fast and without hampering.

I did leave the remote screen control switch off though, still is.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mclovin22
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: o2

Thanks, lots of usefull info here

Please use plain text.
JSanders

BlackBerry Bridge has been updated to v2.1.0.34, I'll get the correct links in the initial post updated very soon.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
parbrook
My Device: Bold 9780 and Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

I use my phone (9780) to provide internet tethering when connected to my PC via USB when WiFI is not available. This works fine.

Separately, I bridge my phone and Playbook. This works fine, except that the PB is also accessing the internet via the phone.
This results in a silly situation whereby my e-mails show-up in both the Bridge messages app (very quickly) and also the native messages app (more slowly), with two sets of new message alerts.
It also unnecessarily uses more of my data allowance than is needed.

This seems pointless and I cannot find any setting on the PB or phone to stop this.

I can understand the requirement to browse via Bridge, but I would like to control this when I just want to work on e-mails, calendar, tasks or contacts from the phone.

I would really like to have the option to disable tethering/internet access when bridged.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

parbrook wrote:

This results in a silly situation whereby my e-mails show-up in both the Bridge messages app (very quickly) and also the native messages app (more slowly), with two sets of new message alerts.
It also unnecessarily uses more of my data allowance than is needed.

Disable or remove the email accounts from your native messages app. Get the email only once on your Playbook.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rxbracho
My Device: Bold 9700 & PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

I agree.  I deleted my mail accounts from my PlayBook and I just get mail in my BB Bold.  The main reason was that if I deleted a message using the PlayBook mail application, it would delete it in the server.  The phone offers me an option to delete it from the device or the device & server.  I lost mail because I read it in the PlayBook and then deleted it, thinking I was only cleaning up my PlayBook; alas my computer never got the message later.  Just a thought.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
parbrook

Thanks, but this does not achieve the result that I want.

Why should I have to use my data allowance via the phone (and have a much slower connection), when I can get much faster access, free, via WiFi?

i want to fully use the capabilities of my PB and have the choice of connection method.

An option to disable internet tethering in Bridge is not too much to ask for, I think.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rxbracho
My Device: Bold 9700 & PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

What would happen if, while being on WiFi, you simply enable it on your phone?  You should not be incurring data charges with your cellular provider.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
parbrook

I don't have a problem when connected using WiFi.

I simply want an option that enables me to choose whether the PB has internet access or not via Bridge, so that i have the option to only receive e-mails on the phone.

I understand that this option is not available, so this is a request for it to be considered for a future release of Bridge.

I guess that those of you with fast 3G connections don't understand why I am asking for this, but I can assure you that receiving e-mails on the native messages app via bridge is significantly slower then receiving on on the Bridge messages app when I am travelling in areas with varying levels of mobile network coverage.

I have a feeling it is because I use IMAP on the native messages app, so it is trying to synchronise.

And before anyone suggests it, no I do not want to go back to using POP on the native messages app. Having IMAP working in OS 2.1 on the PB is superb.
Please use plain text.