Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: 9860
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Get BlackBerry Bridge for your BlackBerry

hey man, thanks for the great thread. I can surf me up some sites now and tell AT&T to go you know where

Hey man, Happy 420. Enjoy the wonderful blackberry. Peace out my froggies.
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: 02

Do I have to sign up first???

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: rogers

I have the Bridge and can see my contacts and calendar from my Bold phone, which is synched to Outlook on my pc. Now why can't I synch my Playbook contacts and calendar with my phone? The only way I can get my Outlook calendar and contacts is via Google Mail. This is insane!

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Only the bridge email, and bridge utilities work with the phone. The email client program, and the other utilities are independent programs. The data associated with the independent programs are not part of the phone software. These independent utilities were introduced with OS2.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Becareful when updating the phone OS, I had OS 9900/7.1.0.391 forced by Rogers, andvsince then I can no longer see on the phone if the bridge is connected (blue led) or not, it is no longer glowing blue if the Playbook is paired, it only glow green (red flashes if there is an e-mail or message)

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

I am on BELL, and when I did the update the bridge icon dissapeared. I was able to see that the bridge was actually installed when checking through the installed program list. With the bridge icon not showing I had no way to get in and make any changes.

To fix this, I re-installed the new version of the operating system and the bridge icon came back. I first tried to uninstall the bridge software and put it back using the desktop manager. The only fix was to re-install the operating system.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
Forums Advisor III

jerryg50 wrote:

I am on BELL, and when I did the update the bridge icon dissapeared. I was able to see that the bridge was actually installed when checking through the installed program list. With the bridge icon not showing I had no way to get in and make any changes.

To fix this, I re-installed the new version of the operating system and the bridge icon came back. I first tried to uninstall the bridge software and put it back using the desktop manager. The only fix was to re-install the operating system.

Jerry G.

The bridge program is still installed, but the phone is just not showing as it used to be the blue light showing that Bluetooth connection is made, instead it is just showing the green light, as if the Bluetooth connection is not made, but when I check on the Playbook the sawtooth is showing blue

Martin
Forums Advisor III

So I presume that the bridge is working, but from the phone I now have no way of knowing whether it is connected or not :-(

Martin
Contributor
My Device: torch 9800 and Playbook
My Carrier: att

there is a bridge version out now 2.0.0.30 for all operating systems. You may want o update this thread

Solutions: 6,259
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Thanks for the reminder.
>> Get your 15% Discount on ShopBlackBerry on Passport • Classic • Leap

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code