Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Get BlackBerry Bridge for your BlackBerry

Same problem here.

How can I downgrade to v2.0.0.25? If I search for the bridge in the app world, I can just download v2.0.0.30.
New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: giffgaff

Does it support OS 4.5 on the BlackBerry Pearl 8100, I am so out dated but can not afford a new phone.

Anyway does it?

Thank You

New Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Vodafone

I had the same problem (no bridge browsing since I upgraded to v2.0.0.30) and I just fixed it !!

I uninstalled bridge and I installed it again but, instead of doing it by OTA, I connected my BB to my PC, I entered the App World and I downloaded the msi app from there (and I installed through my PC).

Now I can browse the intertet again through the bridge.

I have checked that the bridge version is the same (v2.0.0.30).

It does not make sense, but it works.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

It is very important you have an up to date operating system. The matched hardware is necessary to be able to properly run or even get to run the operating system to run. This is the progress goes, and there is no way to beat it.

As software and systems become more advanced there is greater demand for hardware that can handle the larger systems and resource demand. There is no shortcut to this. Most electronic hardware is designed for a five year lifespan for its MTBF (mean time between failure). As for obsolescence, consumer type computer and phone hardware is considered obsolete after three years. For industry use it can be as little as six months to a year.

When considering the cost of a phone it is very small in relation to the cost of living and personal expenses.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
My Carrier: Rogers, Bell

spectra1's solution (install via web browser not OTA App Store) worked for me - I now have Bridge Browser. Thanks!

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

pcantellow wrote:

Does it support OS 4.5 on the BlackBerry Pearl 8100, I am so out dated but can not afford a new phone.

Anyway does it?

Thank You

Sorry only OS 5.0 and higher and the 8100 will not work with OS 5.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks Spectre1

Working ok now :-)

I'll never trust a phone company again!

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

spectra1 wrote:

I had the same problem (no bridge browsing since I upgraded to v2.0.0.30) and I just fixed it !!

I uninstalled bridge and I installed it again but, instead of doing it by OTA, I connected my BB to my PC, I entered the App World and I downloaded the msi app from there (and I installed through my PC).

Now I can browse the intertet again through the bridge.

I have checked that the bridge version is the same (v2.0.0.30).

It does not make sense, but it works.

might be your carrier blocks the surfing with out a tether plan when you get it from app world, i know AT&T does this to me and I always download from a link on the first post in this thread. I might test this with a PC download and see if it works.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Would someone be specific about the steps for downloading the bridge from the PC.  I can't remember how I loaded originally and I feel like everything I have done with the Playbook is trial and error.  I have ATT for wireless on BB 9800 and when I was recently in Hawaii on vacation, I had to deactivate the bluetooth on my BB phone to be able to use the ATT wireless on the Playbook.  It would be nice to be able to use the bridge to browse when I do not have access to wireless without paying for data for the Playbook.  I don't use it that much but maybe if I could use the Bridge with my phone, I would use it.

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I have a tethering plan.

That's why I'm so annoyed.

They just don't allow bridge browsing.