Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
FinnMaia
My Device: Playbook OS 2,0
My Carrier: celcom 0192121503

Get a little USB in my life - classic BB USB failures?

Being the owner of a second hand PB that arrived without a working micro usb port, I am constantly curious how it feels to have use of it. We get by just great otherwise.

The hdmi port has also tested broke, dysfunctional. 

Several lead tests, and config checks have proven unsuccessful. So, somehow, they is busted. 

SO, I wanted to ask about

---   the durability of the BB ports. What could do that? A drop, a knife in the slot? Are failing ports common. Somehow I doubt it. 

---   the cost of renewing the ports. Seems silly as it works brilliantly without them. I am curious to see how it would work in the schools I work in through hdmi tv, for sure. 

--- how many PB owners own TWO? It would be understandable, of course..!

Any info on experiences of causes, costs to fix much appreciated. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Get a little USB in my life - classic BB USB failures?

[ Edited ]

The one thing that you can only do with usb is to debrick a bricked playbook. Everything else can be done or worked around by wifi sharing and magnetic charge connection.

Damage to sockets is believed to be mainly by putting plugs in upside down or in the adjacent socket. Very easy to do. Like all usb sockets of any size, bending them up or down whilst plugged in is also a source of damage.

Cost of repair is around £/$100+

I have two playbooks for far less than one Apple pad. I used to own two psion PDAs when I was working, two laptops... If you rely on them it makes sense.

Keep children off. They will not last long unless you do.

My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Get a little USB in my life - classic BB USB failures?

my kids would rip out the charge cord, try to connect to teh HDMI port to charge and broke 3 USB chargers.

I now have magnetic chargers and teach them how to connect the HDMI to the TV. they have had playbooks since June 2011 and after a few scares they treat them much better now that they are 8.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.