Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
bernie2711
My Device: Playbook

Getting Adobe Digital Reader to work on my playbook

I have tried numerous times  ( without success)  to get Adobe Digital Reader to work on my playbook.

I follow all the steps identified by Adobe Digital Reader but my playbook  still does not recognize it.  

What else should I be doing?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,950
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Getting Adobe Digital Reader to work on my playbook

What have you done?

Where are you trying to install it from?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

bernie2711 wrote:

I have tried numerous times  ( without success)  to get Adobe Digital Reader to work on my playbook.

I follow all the steps identified by Adobe Digital Reader but my playbook  still does not recognize it.  

What else should I be doing?

The Adobe Reader app on the PlayBook is a terrible application. It's slow and buggy. I myself use PDF Reader available from the App Store for $0.99 and it's so worth the money it's not funny. It is SO MUCH faster than Adobe Reader and can open huge files no problem without running out of memory. It also renders the PDF's much more accurately and fonts actually appear properly most times - not all, but much more often than Adobe Reader and qPDF for that matter also.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/108930/?lang=en

DRM protected PDF's are problems for all of the PlayBook readers though so keep that in mind.

Skip the pain of using Adobe Reader and go buy PDF Reader...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bernie2711
My Device: Playbook

I have tried to install from the links provided through my community library. I have also tried using the links provided directly from Adobe.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

bernie2711 wrote:
I have tried to install from the links provided through my community library. I have also tried using the links provided directly from Adobe.

You cannot install anything into Playbook from links. The only correct way is by going to App World in the playbook home screen and search for apps.

The other unofficial method of sideloading is not really recommended in this instance.

Adobe reader should be there already but yes the one in App World is better and usually costs 1 unit of currency ($, €, £)