Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10 f761 and BlackBerry Playbook (PIN501BAC7B)
My Carrier: Telus Mobility
Accepted Solution

Getting Pictures from Aperture to PlayBook

Hi, I don't use iPhoto, I use Aperture with my iMac.  Both the PlayBook and  Z10 will only sync with iPhoto, it seems to me.  Is there any way of getting a sync with Aperture??  Thanks, Vic

Super Contributor
My Device: pb
My Carrier: none

Re: Getting Pictures from Aperture to PlayBook

[ Edited ]

astechman wrote:

Hi, I don't use iPhoto, I use Aperture with my iMac.  Both the PlayBook and  Z10 will only sync with iPhoto, it seems to me.  Is there any way of getting a sync with Aperture??  Thanks, Vic

No. Unfortunately you have to export to iphoto then sync. Personally I export to Finder folders then import to iphoto.

It does, however,  give you the opportunity to export smaller, e.g. "Email Medium" size, then you will get 1000's of photos on Playbook.  It also gives you the opportunity to be selective in which photos you sync, otherwise its everything.

For example using the Guardian Anywhere sideloaded newspaper app, hundreds of photos were copied to the app's Misc, Android folders,  and these were sync's INTO iphoto when I tested Blackberry Link, which will replace Desktop Software.

I would encourage not letting Playbook / BB Link anywhere near your precious Aperture database!

My Device: blackberry z10 f761 and BlackBerry Playbook (PIN501BAC7B)
My Carrier: Telus Mobility

Thank you for this, I think that this will solve my problem.  Why doesn't BlackBerry allow one to 'scan' for sources??  This would be a logical way to choose which files to sync!  Vic

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile / 3

I was hoping aperture sync was there, but looks like I'll have to manually configure a workflow for this. 

I am the same, stopped using iPhoto a long time ago.

Ket

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

I export versions from Aperture,  size email medium, subfolder format by project name, name format current name  to a folder called Playbookpics, then drag n drop all the subfolders to Playbook by wifi. Quicker than sync and avoids iphoto.  Each project shows up in pictures as its own folder.