Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 and Playbook 64 Gb
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Ghost track in Music app

I copied some MP3 files to my Playbook and one track is showing up in the Music app twice.  The first copy doesn't work, the second copy does.  If I try to play the whole album, it gets to the first copy of track 4 and stops.  There is only one copy of the file for track 4 on the Playbook.  I deleted all of the MP3 files for that album and the 'ghost' track still shows up in the Music app.  I deleted all of the MP3 files (4 albums) and the ghost track is still there, along with the Pete Yorn track that I can't delete.

Has anyone else experienced this?  How do you delete a media file that doesn't seem to exist anywhere?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Ghost track in Music app

It seems to be getting worse.  After deleting all MP3 files from my Playbook and copying them back (hoping to get rid of the extra track), I now have 5 extra tracks.  The 5 extra tracks do not play and are duplicates of tracks that actually work.

I deleted all of the MP3 files from the Playbook again, and those 5 tracks are still listed in the Music app.  The All Songs lists only shows the Pete Yorn song that was included with the Playbook, but the Artists, Albums and Genres lists all have the extra 'ghost' tracks.

I also powered off the Playbook and restarted it, but the extra tracks are still there.  There doesn't seem to be any way of getting rid of them.  I'm afraid to copy any more MP3 files to the Playbook now because I don't know where they're ending up.

Trusted Contributor

I'm talking to myself on this thread, but I fixed the problem so I figured I'd update it.  I did a security wipe on the Playbook last night and copied all of my files back and there are no duplicate tracks in the Music app anymore.  As an added bonus, the Pete Yorn track is also gone.  I've got nothing against Pete Yorn, I'm just not a fan.

I didn't restore from my backup because there is no way to do a selective restore on settings or apps.  It's basically all or nothing.  I didn't want to restore the problem that caused me to wipe the device in the first place.  I was able to re-download the apps I had previously installed, including the apps that I paid for.

Contributor
My Device: Z10 and Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Just so you don't think you are speaking to yourself - thank you. I haven't experienced the problem - but that is not to say I won't: so I appreciate your providing the updated solution.