Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
retiredguy
My Device: Playbook
Accepted Solution

Gmail, Calendar, Contact Sync

Hi I have searched the forums, tried Google search but having a problem setting up my playbook to sync with Gmail, calendar and contacts. I have had suggest connecting with mail but do not see or can not determine how to set up my calendar and contacts to sync from Google to the playbook. I should mention I do not have a blackberry phone so I am not sure if that is the issue.  Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regular Contributor
taylor96
My Device: Blackberry Playbook model RDJ21WW

Re: Gmail, Calendar, Contact Sync

Have a look in here at the user guide and it will spell it out for you plus other info you may need down the road
http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/27019/BlackBerry_PlayBook_Tablet-User_Gu...
New Contributor
retiredguy

Thank you I did download and review the manual. The problem I have is when I set up the account as new the only option it gives me is email. I may be mistaken but I thought that when you set up your Google account it would link gmail, contacts and calendar automatically. I could not find in the manual a detailed explanation on how to do each one individually. Thank you. 

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Gmail can be accessed in a few ways, Pop, IMAP, and EAS aka exchange and i listed them in order of ok, better BEST

POP is email only

Imap can do more but still limited

EAS can do all of it and more.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
retiredguy

Thank you for the information. Forgive me as I am a newbie when it comes to tech but can you direct me to instructions on how I can do  EAS setup  on my playbook. Again thanks .

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

remove current gmail account

then add new account

choose email, calendar, contacts

choose advanced setup

Choose Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync

- Description, put what you want to describe it

- Leave domain blank

- User name will be your user name on gmail

- Use your email address for email address
- Use m.google.com for server address

click on save and enjoy

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
mkmilan
My Device: Not Specified

That still doesn't solve calendar/ Contacts syncing
New Contributor
StrangConst
My Device: playbook

Hi,

While not intending to highjack the thread, I set up as per your instructions above but the calendar will not sync.

Is this something I am doing wrong ? Not waiting long enough ?

Using latest OS update.

Outlook, and google calendars are synced together, and it would be awesome to have that all on the playbook.

Ideas ?

Mark

Visitor
dirkmyer
My Device: Bold 9700, PlayBook 2.1

You can set up your email account and calendar account separately.

When you add account you can choose just to sync a CalDAV. Look up the servers etc from your provider (google, yahoo etc.)

When I did this not only did the sync work better for calendar, but I was also able to invite attendees :smileyhappy:

Unfortunately, my contacts have not been syncing... They will update with changes I make from gmail, but my changes made from my playbook are not sent to gmail. :smileysad: