Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16mb
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Gmail Login

All of a sudden I'm being prompted when using the PlayBook Messages app for my Gmail login.  Enter it but it's not happy and keeps prompting me to input it.  What's going on??

Contributor

Re: Gmail Login

Went into the accounts for Messages and my password was not correct - reset it and got attached to the GMail server then a few minutes later I was being prompted for my Gmail password.   What gives?

Contributor

My password in the PlayBook Messages seems to truncated to 10 characters? My password is 12 characters. 

Gmail is working normal through the Playbook browser??

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just an update... Gmail through Playbook Messenger worked great from the first day that 2.0 was released... My problem started yesterday.

The error message in Messenger today is different... Its now 'unable to authenticate Gmail'.

Amazingly right now it seems to have fixed itself. I expect the problem is with a RIM server somewhere as my wifi is great and I can get Gmail through my Playbook browser.

Contributor

Final word as I have fixed the problem!

Managed to delete my Gmail account in PB Messages and enter a NEW Gmail account -- bingo!! -- now works better than ever and my other accounts on Facebook also successfully sync'd for the 1st time!

Regular Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Optimum

This error appeared mysteriously last week with me as well. This was BEFORE the OS update, and it continues now. I will try your solution! 

@}-`-,--
Web Development and Technical Services Librarian