Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
Ripley2010
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: att

Gmail account already exists?? Where??

[PC Outlook 2010 and Playbook integrated email]

For a couple of months, I've noticed that my email (gmail) was not working properly.  almost half of my emails were not reaching their destination.  Never got any failure notices or email bounce-backs and the messages weren't getting captured by SPAM or junk on my side or the reciepient's side.  After thorough investigation, it appeared the problem was likely due to the web-based email settings being POP rather than IMAP so I changed it online to IMAP.

Within my PC's Outlook, changing from POP to IMAP seems to have resolved the issue of emails not reaching their destination.  But...

[Playbook gmail account]

Now suddenly, the gmail account on my Playbook is gone!!  I'm not recieving any emails for that account and when I click the @ symbol to show all accounts I have on the Playbook, gmail is not there.

I go through the process to "add" that gmail account and now I get the following message: "This account has already been added"

Any idea where this account is on my Playbook?

Playbook OS: 2.0.1 (build 358)

Other existing accounts on Playbook include Twitter and live.com email account.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ripley2010

Re: Gmail account already exists?? Where??

Update:  I just inadvertently fixed the problem but have another issue....

When I went into the Playbook "About" settings, I clicked on the @ accounts option and saw that gmail was listed as gmail contacts so I checked those settings and saw that "sync" was turned off.

Now... with sync turned on, I'm finding that each email I send and receive leaves two copies in my inbox or sent box.  Is there a way to stop the twins from showing up?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

You must have the same accounts set up twice. I would delete all mail accounts, reboot the PlayBook and reinstall the mail accounts.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ripley2010

Thanks for the response but that's not correct.  I did not have the same account set up twice and I didn't have to delete them all and start all over.

I fixed it by unchecking "sync", rebooting, and then re-checking sync.  Thanks!

Please use plain text.