Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
opportunistic
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Rogers

HDMI out shows black screen on tv/monitor

I can't get the HDMI out to work properly. The first cable I have it works but the screen shows a line and keeps shuttering. The other 2 cables I have just show a black screen entirely and doesn't mirror the playbook at all but sound does come through.

I can't seem to figure it out. I tried all aspect ratios, changing display mode as well. 

Is this an issue with the playbook? 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: HDMI out shows black screen on tv/monitor

Hello opportunistic

Welcome to the Community

Sorry to hear about this. May I know if you are on the correct HDMI input?

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
opportunistic

Yes. on my tv, you can't change it to the input unless it has been correctly plugged in or detected. I've tested it out on my tv as well as my computer monitors.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob

Are you using a Blackberry HDMI cable?
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
opportunistic

[ Edited ]

I used 3 generic micro hdmi cables but not a blackberry HDMI cable. This shouldn't matter. The playbook should be compatible with all HDMI cables. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob

Not all. This happened to me as well. Only a Monster HDMI cable and the Blackberry HDMI worked. I think their only difference among all other HDMI cable is that they are well insulated to avoid interference.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
opportunistic

Hmm. I purchased them from monoprice and they are known for their quality but if you had that problem I think i'll try out a monster one or look for a blackberry one and report back.
Please use plain text.