Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: playbook 16g
My Carrier: telus

HDMI output not working after 1.0.8.6067 update on sharp LCD TV's

Have three TV's two of which are Sharps Aquos and the other is a Samsung. After updating to 1.0.8.6067 the Playbook cannot detect the two Sharps(each different model #'s) . I have three different cables that worked fine before the update and all three cables still work perfectly with the Samsung TV. This issue has been giving me trouble from when i got the device. I even sent the unit back to RIM and of course it was no fault found. About a month ago it suddenly started to work on the Sharps. i've been using the playbook daily on these TV's without incident until the latest software update. It now only works on the Samsung. Obviously something is going on with the playbook HDMI software driver. RIM support was unable to get it working reliable during my 3 month support window. Of course it started to work on the last day of my support but the recent update has put me back to square one. Any suggestions?

Tony
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Tmobile

Re: HDMI output not working after 1.0.8.6067 update on sharp LCD TV's

i have the same problem. i have two playbooks. i updated the software on both today to 1.0.8.6067. one of them works fine with the samsung tv but the other playbook does not even detect an hdmi connection to the same tv with the same cable. I sure hope this is a software issue and will be recognized and fixed by rim asap. If you figure out a way please let me know.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Have you tried resetting the playbook by holding the power, - and + buttons all at the same time for 15 to 20 seconds
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Tmobile

Just did the reset and still the same way. Any other suggestions?
Contributor

I had already tried that several times and it made no difference. Tomorrow when i have a moment I'm going to wipe the device and try it again with a fresh install. I'll let you know how it works out.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

My Philips tv has firmware updates. Could try updating the tv firmware.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Contributor

Ok the reload wipe and reload worked. The Samsung had no problems just as before the wipe. However, the newest Sharp tv would not work at first after the wipe. I had tired continuously for 30 mins and it just wouldn't go. But afterwards i plugged in the old Sharp tv and it started to work. I then tried newest Sharp tv again and it now works!

I might also add that i turned on the file sharing before i tried any of the tv's. I managed to get it to work temporarily on a older playbook software rev by doing only this step. Maybe it is not necessary on this rev with the wipe. But it didn't hurt to try.

I think RIM really needs to take a look at the HDMI driver! Hope this helps others.

Tony
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I have not had any issue with any brand TV yet

I dont remember if I tried a sharp on not. I do know that teh several Samasung ones worked fine.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

kdv
New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 16G
My Carrier: Future Shop

I've just bought my a BlackBerry PlayBook 16G 2 days ago. 

I've got the same problem with my TV Bravia Sony KDL-46XBR9.

At the first connection, it played for few minutes. And after this moment TV can not receive any video signal from PlayBook. I thought the cable's problem. So I bought a new one, But  the problem is still solid.

Any suggestion?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

on Playbook press power button and both Vol + - buttons for 10 seconds to reboot it.

and see if it persists.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V