Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

kdv
New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 16G
My Carrier: Future Shop

Re: HDMI output not working after 1.0.8.6067 update on sharp LCD TV's

I did alot of times to reset playbook.

It doesn't help.

Can I downgrade back to version 1.0.7.xx?

If yes, please let me know to get and update this SW version.

Contributor
My Device: playbook 16g
My Carrier: telus

Contributor
My Device: playbook 16g
My Carrier: telus

Did you just reset the device using the power button or wipe the device and start over as I did above? Reset did nothing for me as well. I had to wipe the device, allow it to update to 1.0.8. It's been working perfectly for me since then.
kdv
New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 16G
My Carrier: Future Shop

I tried a lot of time by changing the cable or reseting playbook. It never works again.

I decided to go to magazine to make a change for a new one.

After update the latest software, I connect it to my TV. It works perfectly until now.

So I think the connector has the problem.

My Device: bold 9930
My Carrier: sprint

I"m having the same issue with a Panasonic HDTV.  It used to work fine, not when I plug in via HDMI my settings page shows "Device Not Connected."

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook , Curve 8330
My Carrier: Worldline and Bell Pay as You Go

Be very cautious with the HDMI port on your Playbook .It bis a very delilcate 19  pin micro HDMI port and Rim charges $149 to repair it .

Peter

Customers are a Nonrenewable Resource .

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Plahbook
My Carrier: Virgin

OK everyone relax, there's nothing wrong with the cable, the one that came with your PlayBook is fine, there's nothing wrong with your tv, and your jacks not broken, after spending 2 hours on the phone with BlackBerry support today, half of it researching this issue online and reading this forum, and two hours of help from people who work in BlackBerry support who had no idea this was an issue even though it's been posted here for two years, I guess they don't read their own user,customer forums my wife called a friend who's husband works for BlackBerry and he told us the truth about what's behind not being able to watch your PlayBook on tv....

The hdml driver, installed in the last update has a defective driver. I can still use my PlayBook with my older Panasonic Viera however on my brand new Sony tv nope. The tv says no device detected and the PlayBook says no connection. They tried to tell me it was the plug, then I needed a clean install, then restarts, and every cockinh bs but the real problem is the driver. Goodbye tv with your PlayBook until they update and fix the driver. It worked once when I first got the Sony a few months ago but today it did not. 

It might work for you depending on how new your tv is. It might not, it might work once and then never again, it might work on older tv sets but the driver is defective,  BlackBerry is aware of this and there probably not sure if there going to fix it, just drop Playbooks and hang us all out to dry or release a new PlayBook and in that case create a new driver that works. They really don't care. There all down in Orlando playing golf and having a party and we're all screwed.

Don't go nutz, it's not you and nothings broken on your end and your not crazy, BlackBerry nows about this issue and didn't even tell their own support people and when I confronted a supervisor in service and support today she said that she would alert their developers and we might have a fix in a few months or next year or neve.

Some customer service, thanks BlackBerry, that's one of the reasons I bought my PlayBook and Tablet tv HD, now that you screwed it up I guess I'll need to go buy a new tablet that works from somebody who cares and for you BlackBerry Thanks for another mistake from the followers in the Industry who screwed us. My husband's company had just ordered 30 new Z-10's and he now says there canceling the order and buying Samsung Androids instead, he doesn't trust them anymore and he is a 10 year BlackBerry customer.

New Contributor

I have news for you, it doesn't work on Sony either, the drivers defective from the last update and there's nothing you can do, it's hit or miss, depending on which tv you have and how old it is, good luck, BlackBerry needs to update to a new driver.

New Contributor

That's why mine works on my 10 year old Panasonic Viera and not my new Sony? The drivers defective, they screwed up and until it's updated you can stick those 19 pins in your rear.