Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
mikeaspatrick
My Device: Playbook 16Gb
My Carrier: Orange

Re: HELP! All default apps deleted after Secure Wipe / Reset

@ahmad.  I love you, you're my best mate you are  :smileyhappy:  Downloading now

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shantel24
My Device: Blackberry playbook
My Carrier: Blackberry

I need to get a default app? How ?:Yes:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
xx5001
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: MTNirancell

Hi,

I had the same issue before, when I had entered the same user name and password of my other play book ( I have two) and I tougt it was may mistake, but at te end, I found that the root cause was in the blackberry servers, that caused some others alsoto face this problem.

After some days the issue has been fixed and I did wipe again. Maybe it's heppend again, I am not sure till several new comlains come up.

Kind Regards

Farzad

Please use plain text.
IdontknowidontcareSTFU
My Device: Playbook-Ebba
My Carrier: Blackberry

Now theres update check it out (OS) it restored mine (i have same trouble):Angel:

Please use plain text.
Visitor
firefox_0000
My Device: playbokk 32gb LTE
My Carrier: ETISALAT

same problem here just bought my new play book 32 gb 4G LTE : OS VERSION 2.1.1917 and forget to back it up and do the securety swipe tttaaaaddaaaa all has gone . only browser and settings left in the screen ,, please help me how to restore those default app specialy appworld?.. 

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

knottyrope wrote:

do the following to reset via debrick method as wipe will remove more items

First I would like you to do a Back Up of your PlayBook using your computer and BlackBerry Desktop Software.

This can be downloaded for free from http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

After the Back Up is complete I need you to unplug your PlayBook and then push and hold down the Power Button until the unit Force Powers Off.

Now, while Desktop Software is still open on your computer and the PlayBook Powered Off, Connect the PlayBook to your computer.

You should see and error screen from Desktop Software pop up that has the options to Retry, Update, or Cancel.

QUICKLY choose the Update option.

This will erase all the information off of your PlayBook and Re-Write the Software back onto it. Once it's complete your PlayBook will need to go back through the setup wizard, and you can then perform a restore using Desktop Software to return your information. The only thing that won't come back after the restore are the apps that you downloaded from App World but they can be easily Re-Installed using the My World feature in App World.

this does work

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.