Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

KingRaptor
My Device: Playbook

HELP NEEDED!!! "NONE SELECTED" on Agreement setup

In the Agreement setup, it appear ÜNABLE TO DISPLAY THE BLACKBERRY ID AGREEMENT. PLEASE SELECT YOUR COUNTRY AND LANGUAGE, THEN TRY AGAIN. i've REBOOT, RESTART & called the customer support for 2-4 times to get help but it still wont work. please HELP ME!!! It has been 2 days i'm wasting my time fixing that thing!!!:Helpsmilie:

New Contributor
lalibeltran
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook

Re: HELP NEEDED!!! "NONE SELECTED" on Agreement setup

I just bought a PlayBook in Best Buy Quebec, it is a gift for my wife; I brought the PB to LIma and have exactly the same problem, called all available phones available for consumer support but no one answers

PLEASE BLACBERRY HELP!!!

Forums Advisor I
hApS143
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520, BlackBerry PlayBook

Hello !

Well since you are operating BlackBerry Playbook for the first time, then for that you essentially need to have WIFI connection.

Get into WiFi just for starting Playbook for the first time, and hopefully after this it will not be showing such issue.

Hope this resolves your Problem!

If your problem has been resolved then would request you to Click on "Like" and accept as "Solution" so that other Advisors doesnt invest their time on this Message anymore.

Thanks.

Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook

if you donot have wifi try going to a hotspot.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
New Contributor
joeltang

I have the same issue and wifi access doesn't help.  I've tried two different verified and working access points.

Contributor
jgbrim
My Device: playbook

Me too. I have a good wifi connection, my router sees this PB. and there is modem traffic when I hit the language select. This is my 2nd PB for my wife, and the 1st PB works ok. Language select just times out as if BB registration web is down. Is it down?
jgb
Lollymac
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook and Curve smartphone

My PlayBook arrived this morning and set up was going well but don't have any countrys and languages on the agreement part of the setup so screen is stuck on there.

Have tried phoning the support number and tweeting them but so far thinking the support is next to useless!! Anyone have any idea what i can do to get this problem fixed??

Pazvanti

I have the same problem and don't know what to do!

Any help is appreciated...

New Contributor
lalibeltran
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook

Thank you and aandras for your help,  I am connected to a wifi network; we have tried once again and after following the screen indications, the last screen is for the Agreement and country/language selection: there is no country listed and I can not accept to the agreement because it does not appear IT IS BLANK.

We are old BlackBerry faithful users and I bought the PB even after hearing terrible comments from some of the sales people, I hope we will not regret it!!

I have received an email giving me instructions to modify my BB id, will try this.

Once again many thanks and hopefully we will get th PB working today!!!!

Again BlackBerry please: HELP!!!!!

New Contributor
joeltang

[ Edited ]

I got passed the problem.  I went full brute force on this solution so some steps may be overkill, but in my opinion the added simplicity is worth it.  

Steps:

1. In your current desktop software, forget your existing device.  (may not be needed)
  2. Re-install/repair desktop software. Get a coffee and kick your feet up as this takes a few minutes(important :smileylol:).  version is 6.1 as of today.  This step may not be necessary but given all my other failed attempts I will take no chances.
  3. Run the desktop manager with no playbook attached.  
  4. In the Device menu the only available options are "Sync type", "Switch Devices.." and "Exit"
  5. power down the playbook if it's on.
  6. In the Desktop software, select "Switch Devices", and do as the screen indicates and connect your playbook to you pc via usb
  7. the playbook should startup.  Note: The PC may flag that it is installing driver software at this point.
  8. Assuming you have a good Wifi connection, when it starts up now the countries selection for legal agreements work!
  9. If you have a the latest version of firmware or any version of beta OS already installed, you shouldn't be forced to update your firmware.

Feel free to follow my madness at http://www.joelrichard.info

Cheers,

Joel