Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: N/A

HELP! PlayBook OS 2.0.1.668 update bricks PlayBook!

Any reason why PlayBook OS 2.0.1.668 update disables my Wifi? Every since i installed the S 2.0.1.668 update my wifi no longer works anymore. I tryed everything from switching on and off the wifi. my laptop picks up my router wifi and other hotspots in the area while my PlayBook wifi doesn't pick anything up. its like the wifi device driver is disabled and making my PlayBook useless.

PLEASE REPORT THIS PROBLEM TO RIM AS THIS UPDATE RUINED MY TABLET!

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: HELP! PlayBook OS 2.0.1.668 update bricks PlayBook!

Go for a security wipe and reinstall. BB has pulled d recent "minor update". So u will get the previous version. It might solve your problem.

Contributor

i just did the security wipe and it didn't change anything. Now I can't get pass the setup screen without connecting to the internet. Now my tablet is totally bricked. the 2.0.1.668 update totally messed it up really bad. the Wifi feature is disabled and will not work.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

Load latest desktop manager to a pc or mac that has internet connection.

Switch playbook completely off. 

Connect by usb

Quickly respond to invitation to update

Should reload latest os version, takes an hour at least

If wifi is still busted it's hardware problem.

Nope that didn't work either after i spend 4 hours downloading and reinstalling the whole BlackBerry Tablet OS from scratch.

I have done everything. Now I'm stuck with a Cripple rim product.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

have you tried rebooting your WiFi router? mine needs a kick once in a while to connect. i am too cheap to buy a new one at the moment

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Developer
My Device: Playbook OS2, Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Tata docomo

same here, i've also not able to connect to open wifi, if patched also i can i upgrade
My page on: App World
Check out my Apps 1). QFileExplorer 2). My ABCD
System Explorer APPID: 35601892
Contributor

Sorry but it has nothing to do with my router as there are other wifi hot spots in my area and my playbook still won't pick up any hot spots.

I did a full unbrick firmware reinstall of the QNX operating system and still nothing changed. my physical address is blank in the wifi info.

I think its a hardware failure. I don't think its repairable though since the wifi is usally integraded in a chip called a (SiP) System in Package. No technican can repair an integraded circuit as its imposible becuase integrated circuit's are very small and are fabricated as a die with many different chemicals and oxide metals layers on a silicon wafer and very highly integrated automated robotic's and machines are used to manufacture and build the integrated circuits with very precise precison.

Its more likely the technician will just replace the Texas Instrument motherboard if its a hardware problem. no electronics technican can repair an actual tiny microchip as the whole Texas Instruments mother board is considered a (FRU) Field Replacable Unit.

Contributor

Its more likely a low-level hardware problem as i did every single thing from the high level side, from security wipe, to switching on and off the wifi, wifi settings, to a full reinstallion of the whole PlayBook operating system. After i have done all of that still no change, plus i'm stuck at the factory setup screen as i can't get pass the setup screen without connecting to a wireless network and internet connection. my physical address is blank in my wifi info on the setup screen.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I would give tech support a call at this point

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V