Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: playbook tablet
My Carrier: no

HOW TO RESET BLACKBERRY ID FROM A USED PLAYBOOK

Hello i bought a second hand playbook with a blackberry Id already registered in it, with the email of the previous owner, so if i try to modify or cancel the actual Id i need to put in the password set by the previous owner but im not able to contact him anymore...is there a way i can cancel this ID and make a new one?

Thank you

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Re: HOW TO RESET BLACKBERRY ID FROM A USED PLAYBOOK

You have to start again from scratch.

If you have access to the Playbook settings, go to Settings, Security, Security Wipe. That will remove all data from Playbook and put you into the out-of-the-box setup. Use any valid email address for your Blackberry ID, or use your existing Blackberry ID, in the setup procedure. You will then have a new Playbook. You will not have any access to Apps bought by the original owner. 

If you don't have access to the Playbook, entering the password wrongly ten times will start off the wipe.

Make sure you have access to the email address you choose for Blackberry ID and write down all your passwords. Set a password for access to your Playbook once you have it set up. 

Please no Mary Poppins statements about how I just told the questioner how to "steal" a Playbook. It's all documented. 

My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: smart

Re: HOW TO RESET BLACKBERRY ID FROM A USED PLAYBOOK

Thanks this is so helpful. I bought a brand new playbook last year and had the store configure it. when i got home it has that defaul email address on the bb id user that keeps popping up. Will do this process.