Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
Stortman
My Device: Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Has RIM discontinued production of all Playbooks?

This offer was emailed to me on 23 January and may still be active £124 + delivery

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/9987970/art/blackberry/playbook-tablet-pc-64-gb.html?tag=mail_uk_uk_...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Stortman
My Device: Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: Orange

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
leopoldbirkholm
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: -

I just give throw in my hat in this discussion. (I think it's the right expression :-))

I bought myself recently a BlackBerry Playbook 7" with 64 GB for 1 648 SEK. That is roughly 180 Euro or 244 US Dollars. I bought it online from a Swedish retailer called CDON.se. I have noticed that BlackBerry A) is not common in Sweden and B) has been even less common in the year that has passed (2012).

Also, I noticed that there is not many apps for my needs so I just have to write them myself. :-)

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Guile1x
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus mobility

I hope that we see a large update come down the pipeline for the playbook. They still have not completed all the functionality they sought to a achieve. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Guile1x wrote:

I hope that we see a large update come down the pipeline for the playbook. They still have not completed all the functionality they sought to a achieve. 

You won't have many weeks to wait. It's called BB10.

My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: DCI Telecom

Apparently the BlackBerry chief said in an interview after the unveiling of BB10 that BB10 will be made available for all PlayBooks – but there is no due date. I assume it is not a high priority. The good news is that it was also announced that Skype will be available for BB10 phones. Hence it is not unreasonable to believe that we will get is on our PlayBooks also.:Balloon:

However, BlackBerry must now focus on releasing the keyboard version of the phone and make sure app quality is excellent for the BB10 devices before doing anything on the PlayBook.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser

[ Edited ]

Blackberry surely have enough staff left to do more than one project at once? OS developers surely have finished BB10 for phones so while the hardware and sales guys launch the Q10 the OS guys can look to us folk. No? Unless they are on bug firefighting.

At least when mom said wait til christmas, you knew when that was.  

My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: DCI Telecom

They also had to lay off 3,000 workers to save the company. The rest may be "fully spent" by now and deperately in need of some well earned time off. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser

LOL 

My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

godot2011 wrote:

They also had to lay off 3,000 workers to save the company. The rest may be "fully spent" by now and deperately in need of some well earned time off. 

their rest is not over yet with sales and service being needed now that you can but them in several countries.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.