Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Super Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: DCI Telecom

Re: Has RIM discontinued production of all Playbooks?

[ Edited ]

knottyrope wrote:

godot2011 wrote:

They also had to lay off 3,000 workers to save the company. The rest may be "fully spent" by now and deperately in need of some well earned time off. 

their rest is not over yet with sales and service being needed now that you can but them in several countries.

True, but these are not the same folks.  My God, can you imagine a bunch of marketing and sales types developing hardware and software?  I have been there - very scary. I think at least some of the development team should be able to take a break.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Developers don't always want to migrate to the support team. Careers seem to progress from Trainee to software maintenance to software development to systems analysis etc. Nobody wants to "step backwards".

When the bugs appear you need some of the dev team in support but it rarely happens as the high flyers get the next big project. . In my world they would get their vacation when all the user reported bugs have gone, i.e. after the first major patch, and lose 100 bucks of your project bonus for every bug that gets into the user community. Testing would be transformed! 

My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: DCI Telecom

With due respect.  I have managed the development of complex HW/SW products.  I never suggested the the developers would be migrated to support. No idea where you get this idea from.

It is true that some developers will be very active as a second/third level support of a new product. But surely you can't get "blood of of rock".  These guys need a break. I also don't suggest that the entire development team will be sent to Florida or whatever... Burned out people produce poor quality work. RIM/BlackBerry right now can't afford mistakes. 

The Z10 seems to sell well - at least so far, and us PlayBook users just have to wait I am afraid.  

Cheers up, have a pint!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

No, I suggested it in my ideal world.