Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
samos
My Device: torch
My Carrier: bell mobility

Help? How do I return to the previous OS version

I hate the new update.
Is there some way I can revert to the previous version?
Thanks

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,923
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Help? How do I return to the previous OS version

I am afraid there is not a way. Sorry.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

What, exactly, do you hate about it? I have a few items that annoy me but nothing that I "hate."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
samos
My Device: torch
My Carrier: bell mobility

sometimes now, in wifi, i get logged out of email and i have to reboot everything to get back inb.

also, now in contacts some of the names are listed twice.

none of this happened before.

Please use plain text.
medical31
My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: None

I hate the new update, its causes my playbook to lag on everything ..take picture i have to wait about 45- 60 sec before its take the picture and another 20 - 50 sec just to load the video player before the update my playbook never lag.. Thinking saleing and looking for a better product with a company that has better support
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

My camera is not laggy, nor is the video camera.

I suggest reloading the OS from scratch.  Here's how to do it:

First do a Back Up of your PlayBook using your computer and BlackBerry Desktop Software.

This can be downloaded from http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

After the Back Up is complete unplug your PlayBook and then push and hold down the Power Button until the unit Force Powers Off.

While Desktop Software is still open on your computer and the PlayBook powered Off, connect the PlayBook to your computer.

You should see and error screen from Desktop Software pop up that has the options to Retry, Update, or Cancel.

QUICKLY choose the Update option.

This will erase all the information off of your PlayBook and Re-Write the Software back onto it. Once it's complete your PlayBook will need to go back through the setup wizard, and you can then perform a restore using Desktop Software to return your information. The only thing that won't come back after the restore are the apps that you downloaded from App World but they can be easily Re-Installed using the My World feature in App World.  Also, there is a bug in this latest OS that will prevent calendar and contacts that are locally stored (not sync'd with an email account) from restoring. 

Reloading the OS should fix your lagging problems. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.