Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Help... Java Language Error HTTP Status 500-

Encountering error when I turn on the BBM and when I open browers.

When it Started:

I tried to upgrade my facebook application while in the office, when it was almost fnished downloading, it ran out of battery and was shutdown.

When I turn it on at home, error appears.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error Summary

HTTP Status 500

Type Exeption

Description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented if from fulfilling this request.

Exception

java.lang.NullPointerException

Note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the JBossWeb/2.0.1.GA logs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What should I do?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8530 curve

Re: Help... Java Language Error HTTP Status 500-

I would try opening App World and going to My World and delete the facebook app and then re-install.

Retired
My Device: 9900

Re: Help... Java Language Error HTTP Status 500-

I suggest that you uninstall Facebook for BlackBerry, then restart your PlayBook. To restart your PlayBook press and hold the power button untill the device shuts off.

Once your PlayBook comes back up test using BlackBerry Messenger and the Browser. If those work, download/install Facebook for BlackBerry again and then test.

Cheers,