Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
Sylkm
My Device: Playbook 16G
Accepted Solution

Help! My PC can't/won't connect with my Playbook.

Since I bought my new Samsung with Windows 7 I have not been able to link up my PC with the Playbook.  When I first connect it, the system says it has mapped the Playbook as drive Z.  When I go to find it, drive Z does not exist.  The Blackberry Desktop Manager cannot connect to the device to synchronise or backup anything.  I can't find this topic in Blackberry's help topics.  If I can't find a way around this, my Playbook might as well be a door stop.!

Forums Advisor III
Ereeamazing
My Device: BlackBerry Z30 - Playbook
My Carrier: Not Specified

Re: Help! My PC can't/won't connect with my Playbook.

Check to see if you have a firewall that is keeping you out. That is what they are designed to do. Turn it off and try connecting .

Credits : Lost_at_Sea Forums Veteran I

Regards Eree - Follow me on Twitter - Facebook - Google+
For More visit My Blog
New Contributor
Sylkm
My Device: Playbook 16G

Thanks - I think that fixed it.  I used to be able to use Windows Explorer to just drag and drop pictures, but at least now I can use BB Desktop and Synchronise.  Thanks so much.

Forums Advisor III
Ereeamazing
My Device: BlackBerry Z30 - Playbook
My Carrier: Not Specified

Your Wecome :smileyhappy:

Please Like the Posts that Help You
If your problem is Solved , Please Mark it as Solution
Thanks Regards

Regards Eree - Follow me on Twitter - Facebook - Google+
For More visit My Blog
New Contributor
sej966
My Device: Playbook

I have the same problem. The Playbook is just two weeks old and I must say I'm getting somewhat frustrated and very disappointed with the piece.

It will not connect to the PC anymore. I have full power, on the Playbook, have tried 4 different USB cables and different USB slots. Turned off firewall and automatic updates on my PC. I have turned PC and Playbook on and off but it will not connect with each other.

The Playbook will also not connect to Blackberry Music gateway. This is another disappointment. It worked immediately the first time and I thought great that was easy. Then I took the Playbook with me and upon return I had to reconnect. I thought this was odd and very irritating. Then the third time it will no longer connect to the music gateway. The blue and green light is blinking, the Music gateway is listed but the alternating green arrows are missing.

I also had difficulties charging the Playbook, it only accepted the quick charger, where it sits in the console. I wonder if the USB port is not working right? 

Developer
samarthsevak
My Device: Playbbook

go to setting of playbook and check that you won't select usb on mannully detect select automatic. don't select Windows or Mac mannually.........

like it ........... if it works.....................
New Contributor
sej966
My Device: Playbook

Thanks, but this did not do the trick. It is on automatic USB connection and there is still no connection.

Visitor
mrsvmendoza
My Device: blackberry playbook-p100-16wf

to whom this may concern,

hi,i am having a problem syncing my blackberry playbook to my laptop.its asking for my password,which i thought i wrote down,i don't know what to do.can anyone help me out,thanks so much.

veronica