Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
nelkem
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: ATT

Help! Red light then 5 blinks (yellow) - I know, I kn0w - but nothing works!!!!

I have gone through many of the forums, searches, etc. Perhaps someone has the end all solution?

I received my Playbook last year when it first came out. As I changed jobs, I did not use it for a while. So, yes the battery died. usually this is not a major issue - for some reason seems for the rim, device is.

I bought the rapid charger - have plugged it in over night - no charge,. When I press the power button, I get the brief red flash, then 5 yellowish/greens.

I am unsure of my firmware version.

I have read that it doesn't charge when turned off, you need to hold the volume + power buttons for 10 seconds / 20 seconds, just the power button for 10 seconds / 20 seconds, pull the charger out 10 times while alternating the power button, etc.

NOTHING has worked!

Lets assume that I never did an upgrade and the device is from about a month after it came out.

I did purchase the rapid charger - -doesn't seem to do a thing.

Any suggestions please???? I think I have to go ipad3....This is horrible.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Help! Red light then 5 blinks (yellow) - I know, I kn0w - but nothing works!!!!

Just try holding the power button while the rapid charger is connected.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nelkem
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Help! Red light then 5 blinks (yellow) - I know, I know - but nothing works!!!!

Thanks.

How long do you suggest?

I just did it for a minute (now I need a new thumb nail)........does the red then 5 blinks.

Will try it a few more times - but doesn't seem to do anything - thanks, but sorry!

Any other suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Help! Red light then 5 blinks (yellow) - I know, I know - but nothing works!!!!

Call support to day. Get an RMA under warranty and send it back. There is a 1 yr warranty on the PlayBook. Since they came out in april you will need to expedite your options.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Please use plain text.