Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: -

Help needed: Playbook wifi issues

Hi,My playbook has been peforming fine lately till last night when I checked it , I found out that it isn't connected to my home wifi network. After checking the wifi I found out that it has been stuck at 'FInding available networks' with the rotating green circle, I tried to turn it on and off but to no avil. I noticed something weird: Normally when you turn on the wifi, the on switch stays grey a while before moving to the 'on' side. In my case, it immediately flips on and off without hesitation, thus I believe the wifi module has busted. I'm not sure what to do, could u guys please advise? I"m living in singapore now but I bought the playbook from Canada so i can't contact support :/

Please help and thanks ! :smileyhappy:

Solutions: 6,123
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Help needed: Playbook wifi issues

Sure you can contact support, worldwide.  www.blackberry.com/playbook

Try this,  PRESS and HOLD the power button for 20 seconds. You should see a choice to restart the PlayBook, do that and try the WiFi connection again.

You might need to also reset the WiFi router... remove the internet cable IN and the power cable for a minute, replace both and allow your router to reboot, then try to reconnect with your PlayBook.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Hi, may I know where to contact blackberry support? I clicked on the link then it told me to key in my serial number,after that it says my playbook is over 90 days old (it's almost 1/2 a year) so what should I do? :/

Call the number anyway and explain your issue.

Have you even tried the suggestion above? It's worked for many users.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

HI, yes I pressed the power button for 20 seconds but instead of a restart button the screen just turned black completely...

chinhan5129 wrote:

HI, yes I pressed the power button for 20 seconds but instead of a restart button the screen just turned black completely...

Sorry, that is not all I asked you do, if you might try again following the suggestions I posted above.

Question: What is the OS version release ON the PlayBook, at Options > About?

Knowledge Base Updates
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

chinhan5129 wrote:

If you let go of the power button when you see the restart option you can then tap it. If you keep it down for the full 20sec it will go past the restart option and shut down. In that case after waiting for the screen to go totally black (about another 40sec) press the powerbutton briefly to restart.  Same result either way. 

My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Look at my thread solving my WiFi issue. now with N there are several specs that can make wifi fun to deal with when you have more than 1 device type as none seem to support all types of connections

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold-9700-smartphone/Netgear-WVPN824-WiFi-issue-co...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I tried to reset my router but it didnt work out too... And my OS version is 2.1.0.1088 And I realized it did not have a physical address, is that normal?

Here's a picc: Diagnostic blackberry

New Contributor

Nope, it didn't work seems like my playbook's fried :/ thanks anyway!