Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Help transferring a playlist over to the PlayBook

Hey guys, I need some serious help... I have a 32gb PlayBook, and I made a playlist I want to transfer over (that I just made last night) so I can have some tunes in my car without using my Z10... 

I have DM 7.1 and BlackBerry Link installed. 

I made a playlist in Windows Media player, and then I fired up my trusty Desktop manager, connect my playbook and I go down to music and I get something that says BlackBerry device not detected. So I open up BB link, and go to music, and NON of my playlists exist on BB Link. So I go back into Desktop manager. I fiddle around with a few things, and I click on options and then media, and I see an error that says Media options cannot be displayed. WTF... 

I go back into Windows Media Player, make some quick playlists, and they still don't show up in BB link. 

Now I am getting really irritated. Anyone else run into this problem? I just want this playlist on my PlayBook. I don't want to transfer each song over, as I do have other songs on my playbook, and I want a quick easy playlist that I created. 

Help me.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Re: Help transferring a playlist over to the PlayBook

I use Windows XP Pro. If I go into Windows Explorer I can see my PlayBook and the directories. I just drag my music from the computer to PlayBook - Media- Music. I don't normally use DM for this. I also converted all my music to Mp3 by using Audio Grabber
New Contributor

I have that option too, but I have a very unorganized collection of mp3's (over 5000 songs) and I made this playlist because I extracted about 500 songs from that list, and at least in Windows Media Player, I can have it at least organized somewhat. 

But the issue remains, BB Link software doesn't see Windows Media Player playlists, and now DM isn't allowing me to use it to do any media. BlackBerry needs to understand, some of us, have created years and years worth of playlists, and we shouldn't be having to drag and drop. 

I do use drag and drop when there are new songs I have downloaded, but I also like to have playlists. 

Forums Veteran I

You might want to check out some Apps that may be able to help you out. I can't suggest any but if you go to www.crackberry.com and use the search function you might find something. If you do and it works out, let us know.
New Contributor

Thanks, I'm a regular on there... and I posted this very question there, and no hits on this issue, and gave me work arounds for manual playlists to transfer over, but still requires drag and drop. 

Thanks though 

Forums Veteran I

Have you checked out Think-4-U Music Player in BlackBerry World?