Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
lynemarie
My Device: Playbook

Help with deleted folder

I have deleted a folder from the desktop of my Playbook, where I had  my working tool - folder manager, doc to go, and other essentials, including paid-for apps. Can I undelete it? Or can I re-create it? How? Thanks a million!

Product Manager
mclewley
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

Re: Help with deleted folder

Press and hold on an icon until they start waving at you, from there you can drag one icon on top of the other and it will create a new folder for you!

Michael Clewley
Senior Product Manager, BlackBerry Software
Research In Motion
New Contributor
lynemarie

Creating a new folder is fine - it is finding the elements that were in the deleted forlder that is the real issue. I know they are still in the playbook, but where? How can I put them back on the desktop? Thanks!

Product Manager
mclewley

If you didn't delete the apps and just deleted a folder then normally they all end up at the end of the homescreen as the last icons.

Michael Clewley
Research In Motion
New Contributor
lynemarie

Unfortunately, they are not there. The apps are still in MyWorld, but do not appear on the desktop. I was hoping I had put the folder within a folder, but I looked everywhere. I can still open doc-to-go if I open an attachement in a message, but I cannot start it on its own as the icon is 'lost'. Thanks again.

Product Manager
mclewley

Did you check the panes (swipe right/left) on the homescreen?

Michael Clewley
Research In Motion
New Contributor
lynemarie

Yes - I have only one pane used. There is nothing on the second pane. I keep a very uncluthered desktop, putting most items in folders - I have 6 or 7 folders, and only 3 apps icons.

jennie_2910

Did you ever figure out a solution? I just did the same thing - deleted a folder full of apps and can't find he apps anywhere even though they show up in my world...
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

Have you swiped up and down and side to side. I don't think the APPS disappear if you eliminate the folder. The apps inside go to the home screen.
jennie_2910

Yes I have swiped up and down and side to side - the apps did not go to the home screen