Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: blackberry playbook wifi
Accepted Solution

Help with my New Playbook Stack Charging and other concerns

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

Just got my new balckberry playbook thru my uncle but it was way pass the 90 days free service.

The thing is, yesterday or just last night before i went to sleep i wall charged my PB thru a USB connector to a plug (battery status at 11%). But when i woke up at 5:30 am to check if its full charged or not. I touched the screen but nothing happened. So i decided to press the ON (|) button to wake it up. It powers on with the RED light and showed the Playbook start -up screen (Blackberry Playbook Logo with the pastel colors switching from blue to green to violet to red to yellow) then it just showed a black screen. I know it turned off because it was dark in my room so i can see if its on or not. So i tried to press the start or on button again and still it turns on and shows the logo with the pastel colors then black screen again. I did a hard reset (ON button + the +/- volume button) and then it turned on, BB PB logo with pastel colors then black screen. So i unplugged it and went to sleep coz i was still groggy.

The morning i woke up i did what i had done previously and still the same result.

So i looked up the net for solutions. Found about the stack charging method.

However i can't seem to follow thoroughly the steps.

I did the plugging in and out in the wall for two minutes.

when i plugged in the charge in the wall the red light appears and the pb screen shows the logo with the pastel colors. then it died. i cann't seem to get to the point of the red light then green/orange blinking light 5x

but the thing is it twice showed an icon like this (a plug symbol and arrow pointing to a thunderbolt) when it showed that i plugged in the PB but nothing happened.

it still has the 1 year warranty but it was bought from Canada and i am here in the Philippines. We don't have a local blackberry store in the area. I need to travel about 6-12 hours to go to Manila to look for a blackberry store. and i dont know what to do honestly. I looked at youtubes for instruction on how to stack charge but all it ever showed was a link on how to stock charge by prying open the device (which i won't do unless i have run out of options) i'm now trying stock charging without pressing the on button. still no changes.

oh by the way, i can't also install BBM and BB Bridge on my playbook it say "it is not applicable with my device profile" and i don't know how and where to change it.

Thanks for the help.

Please i really need help.

Heres my e-mail address please help me

{REMOVED}

here is my FB page to: look for "{REMOVED}"

PS: i'm planning to buy a Rapid Charger but first i need to look for a Blackberry store.

Thanks for the advance help.

PS Again; I;ve updated my BB PB OS to version 2.1.0.1753 thru my desktop device manager (also updated version)

Mod Edit: Removed e-mail address and Facebook name to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

Solutions: 6,094
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Help with my New Playbook Stack Charging and other concerns

Leave it to charge with the OEM wall outlet charger for several hours, and then with it STILL connected, press and hold the top edge power button for 20 seconds and see if it boots. If not, keep charging and try the power button again in a few hours and continue to charge and try again.

And yes, I highly recommend the magnetic rapid charger. You can find them on Amazon a good price.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

hi thanks for the reply

as of now i've press the ON button (still wall plugged in the charger) and it reboots showing the start up screen

closes then the red light turns on and then off then the start up screen again (the one with interchanging pastel color or lights in the background) i leave it at that then when i returned to check the screen was black but i can see that it is not fully close or shutdown. but i still left it at that. what will i do next?

Same advice, LEAVE it to charge.

Several hours.

Try again.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

uhm thanks again...

but how will i know if its working? what will show on the screen?

and another question, i can't install Black Berry Bridge and Black Berry Messenger on my playbook

the description on the BlackBerry world apps say something like incompatible or invalid for device profile

thanks, your replies are appreciated very much

randhom wrote:

but how will i know if its working? what will show on the screen?

If it works, you will know by it fully booting up completely and working

randhom wrote:

and another question, i can't install Black Berry Bridge and Black Berry Messenger on my playbook

the description on the BlackBerry world apps say something like incompatible or invalid for device profile

BBM works through Bridge, installed on your BlackBerry smartphone.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Before my PB had a problem like this i've already explored it. On the options or setting menu I can see the Blackberry Bridge when i click or chose it, it forwarded me to Balckberry World Apps but the download button was replaced by the note with something about the device profile..

I guess it will be best to wait and explore that once the PB is back up and running.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

yeah i guess i'll have to wait for my PB to run. I'm letting it charge til morning. I tried turning it on it showed the start up screen but then the screen dims but not totally off or totally black (i can see faint  dim light aound the screen) i let that as is. is that okay?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

The backlit black should go black after 60 sec. If it does not then that is why you should apply power button for 20sec to force it off.

What you should see is red led for a while, then pulsing yellow, then solid green when almost charged.

if it ever tries to boot up on its own, apply the 20 sec power button again.  it must be off to recover charge at this stage.