Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

Here's a tease from a RIM PM on the status of BB10 for the PlayBook

[ Edited ]

This is a table scrap of positive news from a RIM Project Manager that something is in the pipes for the PlayBook for sure...when it will arrive is the unknown factor though. The question was: "So hows BB 10 for the PlayBook coming?" The reply says: "My lips are sealed! Good things to come. John" (If you right click on the image below and select view image it will enlarge in the same window in FireFox - most likely IE or Chrome too.)

I mean, we've heard nothing for quite some time officially that BB 10 was coming to the PlayBook. So, to me at least, this states that something is indeed coming to the PlayBook and reinforces that fact. It doesn't say anything else obviously. But reassurance is comforting.BB Beta Zone Screen Cap

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Here's a tease from a RIM PM on the status of BB10 for the PlayBook

its been mentioned a bit but no one knows of the date

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,952
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

RIM has stated all along that BB10 would be coming to the PlayBook sometime AFTER the launch of the BB10 for the smartphone devices. They've not been silent on that, and John's is just the latest in confirmations.

Thanks, can't wait to have it on the PB!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

[ Edited ]

I guess the reason I posted that was because I have been through the webOS abandonment fiasco on the HP TouchPad (Open webOS won't support the TouchPad) and I have to admit that I get nervous easily when promises are made by tech companies to support their hardware and software.

As a result, doubt settles in when there isn't a lot of regular official chatter and activity in the press and as well as their own beta forums concerning the PlayBook. Like a cranky baby, this will soothe me until sometime in the future...I do recall reading a statement back a few months ago that the PlayBook would recieve BB 10 but not much since then to keep me satisfied.

I strongly admire RIM for still supporting their tablets. It makes me want to upgrade my 9810 to a BB 10 device like yesterday.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Kerry2112
My Device: PlayBook 64GB

This is an interesting topic to me. I bought my PlayBook late last summer during one of the fire-sale PB sell-offs. I have a work BB, but an Android personal smartphone (Motorola Atrix). What I've found since I bought the PB is that I use my Android phone less and less for anything other than phone calls and text messages. My intention had been to get rid of my Atrix in favour of a BB10 phone, but if BB10 is coming to the PB, I may just stay status quo until that happens. I guess it all depends on whether my Atrix gives up the ghost (which it's showing some signs of doing...)

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

BB10 on PlayBook and Phone might be a lil different from each other, time will tell.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine

[ Edited ]

chaosdivine wrote:

I guess the reason I posted that was because I have been through the webOS abandonment fiasco on the HP TouchPad (Open webOS won't support the TouchPad) and I have to admit that I get nervous easily when promises are made by tech companies to support their hardware and software.

As a result, doubt settles in when there isn't a lot of regular official chatter and activity in the press and as well as their own beta forums concerning the PlayBook. Like a cranky baby, this will soothe me until sometime in the future...I do recall reading a statement back a few months ago that the PlayBook would recieve BB 10 but not much since then to keep me satisfied.

I strongly admire RIM for still supporting their tablets. It makes me want to upgrade my 9810 to a BB 10 device like yesterday.

I am a TOTAL FOOL to have believed them! I am sorry that I may have persuaded others to have faith too...oh and that RIM Project Manager, John, ya well he's been made a fool too. Good things to come, ya right...like a giant foot right in the keister...

Edited for: Profanity

Edited content to comply withCommunity GuidelinesandTerms and Conditions of Use.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

Here we were feeling a bit guilty that we couldn’t wait a few months, the experts reassuring us that it WILL be this year. Should have known it was all done so that the remaining inventory could be sold off on a promise. Kind of a coincidence the announcement came just as most stores have run out completely. 

I gave myself til July 1 before I would go to a decent tablet. BB came in exactly on cue [Personal Info Removed]. This crate is going in the grand daughter's toy box.

Edited content to comply withCommunity GuidelinesandTerms and Conditions of Use.

My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB

I seem to have been destined to make bad decisions end up with old stuff.  I did manage to offload my Beta VCR, I still can't delete a Palm Pilot file form my notebook and now this. 

No more BlackBerry for me and my family.  I also feel bad recommending the PlayBook to some friends.  

We have two Playbooks and two grand kids. At least there will be no fight in the playroom.

Please use plain text.