Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
weng03ricky
My Device: Blackberry playbook

Hi!!! Im a Blackberry playbook user....

may video chat and other important apps in my playbook is disappear....what should I do to go back???

Love your own... (*_^)
JSanders
Solutions: 5,979
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Hi!!! Im a Blackberry playbook user....

What other important apps have disappeared? Have you moved them to a folder, or another panel?

Try swiping left of right on your main icon screen.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

Re: Hi!!! Im a Blackberry playbook user....

[ Edited ]

weng03ricky wrote:

may video chat and other important apps in my playbook is disappear....what should I do to go back???

It could be a case that you've simply deleted the icons to launch the apps. This is a proposed solution by members of Crackberry.com who have had similar issues. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-tablet-os-f228/bug-warning-2-1-official-dock-748064/#post767... Basically, move every icon/folder you have into the dock (shortcut bar) so everything has disappeared and restart. all your icons will be back but you'll have to redo your folders.

In that thread look for a user named twstd.reality and read his post for specific instructions and screenshot. He says to:

1. tap an icon and hold. the PB will go into edit mode - you will see a little garbage can on the top left corner
2. tap, hold, and drag each icon/folder to the shortcut bar to move it there. it will disappear and you will see an error message
3. once you have moved every folder/icon you have into the shortcut bar, restart the PB
4. after a restart all your icons should be back, and the default ones will be back in the shortcut bar.

If that doesn't work then your only other recourse is to do a security wipe of the device. In fact, this is my suggested method of fixing the problem because the other method will work but if you try and drag other icons to the dock in future, you may run into issues.

If you do a security wipe on the PlayBook, you will need to back up your data before doing this procedure though because it will remove all your pics, files, movies, apps etc. But your icons would return. You can then redownload all paid for apps from App World.