Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Developer
wolfier
My Device: Not Specified

Hiding Application Icons

Is there a way to hide some applications that I never use and cannot delete without having it come back after any OS update (e.g. Slacker Radio, Kobo)?  My home screen is getting very cluttered.

Thanks!

Regular Contributor
TenNights
My Device: torch 9800

Re: Hiding Application Icons

For the moment i tried and If you hold your finger on any icon you see a trash can below the ones that can be deleted. also you can move the apps icon to favorites games etc. Try to get your most used and common apps to favorites.

Regular Contributor
wespro
My Device: PlayBook

also, the thing you can do is to move it from the top to button, may be is not the solution you are looking for, but it could be a choice

Regular Contributor
mleckman
My Device: curve

my issue with this is that i go to delete them and they don't disappear. i get the prompt and warning but nothing happens happens.
New Contributor
Jim90
My Device: Playbook

Did you try deleting them from the app world or directly from the application tray?

Regular Contributor
mleckman
My Device: curve

from the All view. tried deleting the mail apps
New Contributor
Jim90
My Device: Playbook

If you want to delete an app, its better to uninstall them from the app world using the tab that says My World.

New Developer
wolfier
My Device: Not Specified

But then the problem is, when I uninstall them, the "OS Update available" icon appears, which does nothing but reinstall the unwanted applications as "OS" update.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

the core apps cant be hidden yet and at the moment are part of the Over The Air OS installer, just ignore them for the time being.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V